Two

CAREFUL OF WHAT YOU WISH FOR

It's going to be fine. I can survive this. Just one more year. I will graduate from school. I will get out of this stupid town and live a better life.

She mumbled this mantra repeatedly as she walked to her school. Shawn and his minions have been bullying her for the last three years.

Suddenly someone slapped the back of her head.

"Sup, nerd," Tessa, one of her bullies and the popular girl said before walking away.

Shawn has never physically hurt her while bullying but Tessa, Julia, and Andrew were different cases. She walked into the classroom. Her first class was Mathematics. It was boring as hell. She slept through the class. Shawn and she share a Biology class. To make things even worse, he is her bench mate. Often, they get paired to do projects which she ends up doing alone. As she walked into her biology class, she could feel the hateful glare of Shawn Gil. She slowly took the seat beside him without saying a single word.

The teacher came shortly after. He looked a little uncomfortable.

"Shawn Gil, come with me to the principal's office. We have a complaint against you" The teacher said.

Everyone gasped in shock. No one has ever dared to raise their voice against him. Yet someone reported him to the principal. It wasn't going to end well. Especially for Nia, who has nothing to do with the complaint.

------
The rest of the day went in a blur. I walked towards the cafeteria. Suddenly a hand pulled me into the boys' P.E. room. I screamed but there was no one nearby. I was thrown on the hard floor. I moan in pain before meeting the sinister eyes of Shawn Gil. He was smirking down at me.

"You little sl*t," Julia said pulling my hair.

"Let go of me" I yelled in pain.

"How dare you snitch to the principal?" Tessa said before slapping me.

"I d-didn't do it," I said.

Tears formed in my eyes.

"Let go of her," Andrew said coming into the room.

Julia took her hands off me.

I tried to run past them before getting shoved to the floor by Andrew.

"Poor little Nia, you thought you can get away from us just like that" Andrew laughed like a maniac.

"Wh-why do you guys hate me so much?" I asked as a tear slipped from my face.

"Because you don't belong here" This time Shawn spoke.

His forest-green orbs met mine. He walked towards me as I tried to get away from him. It continued until my back hit the wall. He slammed his arms to the wall capturing me. He bought his face closer to mine. I moved my head to the other side facing the ceilings. He bought his hand to my chin before forcing me to meet his cold stare. For a moment I thought he will let me go. But I was so wrong.

He slammed my head to the wall rapidly while his sick friends laughed. It continued till I felt myself dizzy. He finally let go of me. I fall to the ground.

"Don't mess with me, Nia" He said before getting up and leaving.

Andrew and Julia left right after him leaving me with Tessa. She gave me a dirty look before kicking me in the stomach. I cried out in pain

"Stay away from my brother, bit*h," She said before leaving.

-----
"501 dollars" That's all I have in my savings. I saved this money for my future college fees by working in the local bookstores or sometimes babysitting the kids. I don't want to spend this much money on an old book but I have to get that book. Even if it's a scam, I want to try to seek help from my guardian angel or some deity. I can't let them bully me more. Today for the first time, Shawn has physically hurt me to the point that I have pale bruises all over my forehead. It's much more than what Tessa, Julia, and Andrew have done previously. Thank god, my parents went out of the city for some work. They will return after two days.

I went to the church. I prayed to the Lord before going to the church owner's office. I knocked on the door.

"Come in," A voice said.

I opened the door and went into his office. The church owner somehow looked stressed and had bags under his eyes. I noticed his eyes were kinda dull and lifeless. I took a step back. What the hell happened to this man in the last few days to make him look ten times older?

"What happened to your face?" He asked with concern. I should be the one asking him this question.

"I am here to buy that book you mentioned previously," I said to the church owner avoiding his question.

"Well, you are avoiding my question," he said.

"You already know the answer. I am getting bullied in my school. But I want to seek help from a deity or a guardian angel or whatever it is. So I want to buy that old stupid book"

"Alright, I can give you that book free of charge since you're going through a difficult phase in your life." He said before taking the book out of the box.

"However, I don't know if this book will work or not," He said handing me the old strange book.

"Why are you suddenly being so kind to me" I found it very odd for his man to feel pity for me

"Why are you suddenly being so kind to me" I found it very odd for his man to feel pity for me. All my life, I knew him as a greedy strange man. If someone sees him for the first time, they will say he doesn't belong to this business.

"Do you want this book or not?" He said almost snatching the book away from me but I quickly respond with "No no no, It's mine now. Thank you so much for your kindness"

"However be careful of what you wish for," he said as I nodded my head

Little did I know this book was going to change my entire life.

Please vote and follow to support me.

                       ♡♡♡♡