One

C U L T

It's a dream, I knew it. Unlike most people, I could differentiate between dreams and reality. Sometimes I just sit and watch things unfold before my eyes. Other times, I play my role in the dreams. Like when I see a tiger or snake chasing after me, I run as fast as I can to avoid it. Even if it's a dream, I don't think anybody wants to be eaten alive. Sometimes I panic in my dreams. Sometimes I remain calm telling myself over and over again that it's just a dream. But how am I supposed to be calm when I am dancing with a prince? He is so gorgeous. Pretty cliché right? But I can't help myself from falling in love with this person In front of me

"You're so pretty," The prince said as I blushed.

He was about to kiss me but suddenly I heard a loud voice asking me to wake up. I looked around to find the person yelling at me but there was no one. I turned my attention to the prince.

I gasped in shock as I woke up. My mother was knocking on my door and yelling at me to wake up.

"I'm up" I yelled

What the hell did I just see in my dream? The prince looked evil. His brown orbs suddenly turned pale grey as if he was empty inside. Like he had no soul. The sight somehow was terrifying and He mumbled something, something with a dark evil smile. I couldn't figure out what he said but it shook me to the core.

"Nia get up from the bed. You need to go to the church" My mother yelled from downstairs.

"Yes, Ma'am"

I brushed off the dream. I went into the bathroom and brushed my teeth. I am not from a religiously active family but when we wanted to find peace we would go to the church and ask the Lord to help us find a solution. And that's what I am going to do.

After refreshing up, I went downstairs to have my breakfast. My mom and dad are workaholics. Mom is a flower shop owner while Dad is a veterinarian. Our lives are pretty simple.

"You have to go to the church by yourself today. I need to go to my year high school reunion " Mom said cleaning the kitchen.

"Aren't you excited to meet your high school friends after 20 years?" I asked.

"Not really, sweetheart. I had almost no friends in high school just like you" she said but ouch that last sentence hit me.

"I am going to the church now," I said finishing my bowl of cereal and cleaning the bowl.

______

I was supposed to be a normal teenager living every moment of my life. But sadly I am the freak of the school. A weak girl, people can easily bully her. I frequently got bullied by Shawn and his gang. I want them to leave me alone. Please, Jesus, help me.

I begged silently.

"Jesus will help you solve whatever problems you're going through, my child." The father said.

"Thank you, Father. But I don't know how I can deal with everything. " I said.

"My child, each soul has an angel assigned to it to give guidance throughout its life on earth," The father said.

"But how can I seek guidance from an Angel?" I said curiously.

To be honest, I don't believe in guardian angels but you know what they say. Curiosity kills the cat.

"My child, I don't know the answer to that question but you should know that guardian Angels exist," He said leaving me in confusion

"I can help you connect with your guardian Angel," A voice whispered from behind.

I turned around to find the creepy church owner smiling at me.

"What do you mean?" I asked in confusion

"Come with me, sweetheart," he said before walking away.

I followed him to his office innocently.

Mistake number one

He closed the door and took out what seemed like a big box. He opened it with a key. I peeked inside the box and there were a lot of old strange books.

He took out the oldest-looking book and handed it to me.

"What is it?"

"You see, these books belong to my grandfather. He was interested in guardian Angels, deities, and spirits. I can give you a book to connect with your guardian Angels. 500 dollars and it's all yours" He said.

"You think I am a fool? Even though you're the church owner you shouldn't try to scam people like that" I said handing it to me

He laughed in disbelief

"Child, this book is in great demand. I could easily sell it for 1000 dollars but I thought to help a poor girl like you" He said.

"No one would buy that old book with this ridiculous price." I snapped walking out of the office.

Is he mad or what? Trying to scam a poor teenager in the daylight. I will never come to this church again.

Later that evening, Dad called me saying he will be back late at night and Mom had too many drinks. She slept on the living room couch. The weather was a bit gloomy. It was raining cat and dogs outside. I opened my old computer and researched supernatural things like spirits and Guardian Angels. I found out that a certain amount of people still perform satanism. I gulped as I keep reading further. I screamed as a thunderbolt hit. God damn, why now? I was reading creepy stories about Satanism. The scariest part of the whole satanism is some go to the extreme level and perform in cults. Some even sacrifice living humans.

Suddenly an article came to my attention. I clicked on it.

Sebastian Knight, the ruler of Ilish (506 BC-496 BC) was a great satanist. He sacrificed almost 8000 women despite their age in a massive cult. They were burned alive. Around 1200 women at that time were pregnant and kids between the age of 5-16 were brutally killed in this city. The king was known for his ruthless murders. The reason for the cult is still unknown. Some say the king was hungry for more power. Some say he wanted to please Satan while only a few people believe that the cult was to bring back his late fiancé, Rosalié II who committed suicide after getting stripped of her position as the crown princess. After a month later of the massive cult, he committed suicide by drinking Arsenic. After the king's demise, The country became chaotic and full of destruction

What kind of psychopath was he? Killing so many people on a stupid cult?

"Nia" A dark voice whispered in my ear.

So, it was the first chapter of 'Evil"

So, it was the first chapter of 'Evil". Hope you guys liked it :)

Please vote and follow to support me♡♡♡