Seven

W H O  A R E  Y O U?

I was about to walk out of the locker room when I came face to face with him. I can never forget those empty grey pale eyes but his eyes looked so sad.

"Nia," He whispered in a dark voice.

"Are you my Guardian Angel?" I asked the most beautiful creature I have ever laid my eyes on.

The more I stare at him, the more I feel myself getting hypnotized by him. He was too good to be real. With hesitation, I raised my hand towards him. I want to touch him, feel him and I don't know why. He is making it impossible to think straight. As I touched his cheek, I felt the coldness. His grey orbs turned black, almost pitch black. His once beautiful face looked so cruel. I felt a sudden fear in me. I backed away a little.

"Who are y-you?" I asked in fear.

He can't be a deity or guardian Angela. One look at him and I can tell, he is something much more than an ordinary deity. He is something evil, dark...something beyond my imagination.

"Who are you?" This time I asked a little louder than before.

A cruel, evil smile found its way on his lips. My gut feelings were telling me to run and never look at those orbs again. But I stood still in my place. I couldn't move. It felt like something was controlling my body.

"Who are you?" I whispered but I know he heard me.

"Nia, what are you doing here?" A voice yelled at me.

I turned around to find Andrew Miller. I looked back at the creature to find it was gone.

"Are you deaf?" Andrew asked in annoyance.

"Nothing, I-I will leave," I hurried to the exist but Andrew grabbed my hand and turned me towards him.

"What did Shawn do to you? You're wearing his shirt" He asked in confusion.

"N-nothing, "I said pulling my hand away from him.

-----

She walked back home in confusion and fear. What was the thing she looked at in the locker room? Sure it looked human but something in him screamed evil, bad and dangerous. She was about to reach home when she heard the police sirens. When she arrived home there were a lot of police officers surrounding Smith's property. A bad feeling knocked her in the stomach. She hurried to Mrs Smith's house. She found Mrs Smith talking to the police officers and Taylor was crawled up in a ball, shaking and crying uncontrollably. She went to Taylor and picked him up in her lap. She began to rock him back and forth asking what's wrong.

"Nee, L-Lola is gone." Taylor sobbed.

Nia stopped breathing as she heard those words. What happened to Lola? He is her best friend. She spends almost every day with Lola. She gasped in shock as two police officers were taking the black fur baby's dead body. His chest area was cut open. She felt nauseous at the scene in front of her. She controlled her tears. It must be a bad dream. She said to herself.

How can Lola die? Who did this to the poor cat? Lola was always a calm and gentle cat. Nia let out a sob as she hugged Taylor. Mrs Smith came and put her hand on Nia's shoulder. Nia looked up to Mrs Smith's sorrowful smile.

"Ho-how? Who w-would be so cruel enough to kill Lola?" She asked.

"I don't know child. I was gone with Taylor to buy some groceries. When I came back, Taylor found Lola on the ground. His heart was m-missing. The police suspect that the person killed Lola as a warning. He might come back to hurt us. It might be the serial killer roaming in the town. Please stay safe" Mrs Smith sobbed.

Later that day, Mrs Smith and Taylor went to live with their relatives for a while. Nia's parents came back from work a little earlier than usual after hearing the heartbreaking news. Nia locked herself in her room for the rest of the day. She couldn't understand anything. Then it hit her, the freaking book. She searched for it for a long time before finding it in a corner of the room. She picked it up and started to read all the instructions and everything.

She began to question the instructions. Why a black cat? What is 6 6 6? Why did she need to give her blood? What does the mantra mean? Why she kept having weird dreams and who the hell was the person she saw in the locker room? Why does she keep forgetting his face but it seems like his eyes were craved in her brain? She can't forget these cruel stares no matter how much she tries.

There is only one person that can answer her questions.

        THE CHURCH OWNER

VOTE AND FOLLOW