Love Lost Is A Storm

[Unedited]

Taraji traced a finger around the rim of her glass. Looking at all the people mingling about. Classical music in the background, some couples dancing and smiling. She sighed slouching in her seat, only to sit straight again forgetting that she was supposed to look the part of a happy host.

Her body was clad in a rose gold dress, that was enough to draw you in with the shape of her body, but hide enough away still leaving what's under it up to wonder

Her body was clad in a rose gold dress, that was enough to draw you in with the shape of her body, but hide enough away still leaving what's under it up to wonder. Personally she would have gone with something less constricting and tight, but her husband had other ideas.

"Right baby?" She heard asked, looking up to see all eyes on her.

She smiled and nodded choosing not to verbally answer. She hadn't been listening and didn't want to say anything stupid. Her husband flashed her a charming smike kissing her hand before jumping back into the flow of conversation. Taraji sighed looking at the wine in her glass. Letting her eyes scan the room again they connected with eyes across the room.

She sucked in a breath her eyes bucking, of all places why did he have to come here

She sucked in a breath her eyes bucking, of all places why did he have to come here. As he strolled over her husband took notice of the man. His hold on his wife tightening as he forced a smile. Taraji grabbed her glass nearly downing what once was a full glass of champagne.

"Terrence, it's good to see you." Her husband forced out. Taraji frowned, lord knows he couldn't stand Terrence. Hate was an understatement, they despised eachother. It had been that way since they were kids and it forever grew.

"You as well Kenneth." Terrence responded politely shaking his hand.

"Its quite a surprise to see you here tonight. You normally don't come out to these." Kenneth spoke, Taraji made a gesture for more wine. Terrence's eyes sliding over to her for a brief second, followed by a smirk only she caught. Her eyes glancing at him briefly.