Remember me

NonSexual....

Book Idea?👀

2016

Seattle, Washington

"Okay, yes. I can have that ready for you by Friday. What's your address again?"

Taraji repeated the spoken words to herself as she wrote down her customers address. She listened to her customer drone on about how important every little detail was for her son's birthday cake. Taraji rolled her eyes, she had the best damn bakery in the city. Everyone came to her for their sweet tooth desires. Her vast variety of treats spanned from cakes all the way down to her homemade caramel popcorn.

Every baked good she touched turned to perfection. The name of her bakery in remberence to her late mother Bernice. She named the bakery Mama's house from all her memories of her mom trying to fatten her up with her wickedly sinful sweets that had you pigging out even when you just wanted one.

That type of power was dangerous and surprisingly hereditary. Taraji grew up to have the same magic touch, she just wished her mother could have seen the success the bakery became. Sadly her mother died when she was 23, it took her and her brother through it. Taraji had barely found the strength to be a mother to her 1 year old at the time. Her sweet little Asia, her pride and joy....but sometimes her painful reminder of long ago how her heart was ripped out of her chest.

At 24 she opened up her bakery, she needed something. Her brother, her only living family took off to the Army to pacify his pain. Leaving her alone with no one but her daughter. She quickly put her passion and energy burrying herself in her business making sure it was the best it could be. At the expense of her very child's childhood. The sad truth was she felt like she had no one, a daughter with a terrible temper left her drowning in her own exhaustion till she took a step in the wrong direction.

No she didn't just toss her daughter like last week's trash. She simply made her priority her business, a selfish way to cope with her loneliness. Did she regret having a child? No, but she wished things could have different. She wasn't ready to be a mother, but life could be cruel. Nothing coukd prepare her for the strength and power of a mother's love the moment you lay eyes on your child.

Her daughter was now 4 years old and just as much of a handful as the day she was born. The sweet temperamental child was a party in a bottle, along with her social butterfly trait. Yet, any child seeking attention from their parent acted out.

Taraji groaned getting a call from Asia's school. She grabbed her keys ready to pick up her child, the little one always in some type of mess. Taking the call she put them on hold real quick as she let her employee know she was going out.

"Sorry about that. Hello Mr.Dehaven." Taraji greeted the principal nicely, although she hated the fat bastard.

Always looking down on her child because of the color of her skin. She planned on sending Asia to private school away from such bigoted people like him, somewhere she felt her smart daughter to excel. She just needed to get Asia's behavior under control so she would be excepted.

"No problem at all. It seems as if Asia is not feeling well, on any other day the nurse would call but I took the liberty of letting you know." She fought the sigh of relief that her daughter wasn't in trouble. Looking out her store window she noticed how hard it was snowing. She groaned knowing all the crazy drivers were out, especially the college crazies coming home for winter break.

"Thank you, I'll be over to pick her up." Taraji responded, she knew why he felt the need to call. He made it a point to point out everything her child did wrong, not just hers but the many minority children at her school. All complaints fell on deaf ears, the school board looking the other way.