Chapter 55

Waffles & Tattoos 

Shay's P.O.V

I woke up one morning & Mikey wasn't in bed next to me, I hated that feeling. It was like instant coldness.

I ventured out & I found him in the kitchen cooking breakfast.

I walked over to him & I wrapped my arms around him, wanting my morning cuddle & upset that he left before I could get it.

"Why did you leave me?" I whined as I pressed my head into his back.

"I'm making food for you!" He said as he spun around & kissed the top of my head. "Good morning."

"Since when do you ever wake up early & cook? & since when do yo have so much energy in the morning, Mikey?"

"Since today marks your six months sobriety."

"Oh my god, you remembered?"

"I did indeed. You deserve breakfast, go sit down at the table. It'll be done soon."

But instead, I went & I sat on the counter so I could watch him. He was the cutest. He fixed the plates & then he set them on the table for us.

"Gonna come eat?" He asked, setting them down.

"Come here first." Michael walked over to me & I moved my legs apart so he could stand in between them & I pulled him in. "Thanks for doing this."

"Of course. I'm so proud of you, Shay."

"Thank you." I smiled, cupping his face & kissing him.

"Stop! We cook there!" Ashton yelled as he entered the kitchen.

"No fucks given, sorry." Michael laughed, helping me off the counter & then we walked over to eat.

"What's with the waffles?" Luke asked as he joined us.

"Six months without alcohol." I told him.

"Awh, that's great bud. Congrats. Make any for me, Mikey?"

"Yea, there's extra over there. I figured I'd be nice today." He laughed.

"I can't believe I've been in Australia for a month now."

"I know babe, you missing NYC at all?"

"I miss my parents, not the place."

"Well, we have one more week to have you here & then you'll see them again."

Michael & I had talked & I was planning on leaving in a week, the beginning of February. It was coming soon.

The guys were going to be in London early March so I planned to fly out & meet them there though so we'd have just about a month apart...I wasn't looking forward to it but I needed to get back home to work on this book deal & he needed to really get back into 5sos work. 

"I don't want Shay to go!" Calum whined.

"Me either but I'll meet you in London."

After eating, I helped Mikey with the dishes.

"Can we go get my tattoo done soon? I want it done before I go & I want to get it with you."

"If that's what you want, of course. I can call the place that Calum got his done at & see when we can go."

"Okay, perfect. Thanks."

I wanted the tattoo done when I'd have Michael with me. I mean he got Good Charlotte to write the tattoo & he was with me for four of my six months sober so it only felt fitting.