Chapter 28

Midnight Snack

Michael's P.O.V

27 days left-

 I can't believe I'm here for less than a month now. Time went really fast on this lake. Anyway, Shay & I had our first like misunderstanding/argument type thing today. She overheard the end of a conversation I had with Ashton about us being spotted in NYC & he just wasn't understanding what I was saying so I kind of like tried a bit of sarcasm & said what he wanted to hear & Shay heard that part. Seeing her cry like that is one of the most painful things, honestly. Like I made Shay cry. But we talked it out & that gives me hope that we can work out any disagreement. She's still napping, she slept through dinner but I have leftovers for her once she's awake. I just wish the guys could meet her & see how special she is & I wish Ashton would understand that I am changing. He's the one that sent me here with a purpose & I'm following that purpose yet he doesn't seem to care. I'm really trying.

Our band birthday is coming up. I'm sad I won't be able to spend it with the lads but we can celebrate once I'm back :)

-

"Shay, what's this book?" I asked, noticing a scrapbook on a shelf next to the fireplace.

"Oh, my grandma put that together for me when I graduated High School last year, it's like  a scrapbook of my life. Wanna look at it?"

"Can I?"

"Sure!" Shay smiled. "I haven't looked through it since she gave it to me over a year ago actually. Let's look.

We laid next to each other on the rug, both lying on our stomachs & I opened the book in front of us.

"Baby Shay! Awh!" I gasped at the first two pages which were full of Shay under the age of one.

"I always had food on my face. See? Baby food all over the place."

"It's cute, you're cute. Look at your dad's glasses! Those are ancient."

"I know, typical like huge oldie glasses."

The next page was toddler Shay & she had the cutest short brown hair, big big eyes.

"Look at you!" I laughed, she honestly was adorable.

"That was my favorite teddy bear. I slept with it until I was 16."

"What was it's name?"

"I can't say. It's weird."

"Now you gotta tell me."

"Lenny." She laughed.

"Lenny the teddy bear?"

"Yea."

There were pictures of Shay learning how to ride a bike, her preschool graduation, her with all of her barbies & toys around.

My favorite picture was one of Shay & her father building the tree house. Shay had a little tool-belt on & she was handing her dad nails. It was priceless.

The pictures started to get to when Shay was older, when she was like 13 & up, high school days.

I flipped the page & then Shay spotted one picture & froze a bit.

"Shay?"

"I didn't know this picture was in here."

"Which picture?"

"That was, uhm that's Evan."

She pointed to a picture of about ten teenagers, I was assuming at one of her dad's fancy dinner parties. I recognized Shay's fireplace in the background from her NYC home.