Chapter 6

I Like Your Smile Too

Michael's P.O.V

The day after my dinner with Shay was a gloomy, overcast day. It just looked so gray & crappy outside but later in the day, I heard a knock at my door. I had told Shay last night to come back over so once I heard the knock, I realized she actually did come back over.

That had to mean she liked me, right? If she didn't want to be my friend then she wouldn't have come back so soon. I must have done something right, right?

"Hi Shay!"

"Hey stranger."

"Am I still considered a stranger?" I asked her with a laugh.

I let her come inside. Shay was wearing the cutest rain boots & rain coat. She was clearly prepared for the weather. She just looked adorable. Under her rain coat, she was wearing this knitted sweater that was slightly big on her so it hung off her left shoulder & she just looked cuddly.

This was perfect cuddle weather.

Shay made herself at home & went straight for my couch before plopping down on it, getting comfortable.

"Shitty day outside, huh?" She asked as I came in & sat next to her.

"It is. At least we can spend the shitty day together."

"I thought the same thing." She said with a smile. "That's why I came back over."

I couldn't get over Shay's smile. It was just so genuine, not one bit of force behind the smile. She had one of those smiles where the persons tongue would slip between the teeth. I just found it flat out adorable, like she was. Do I use the word adorable enough to describe her?

"Can you tell me more about your band mates now?" She asked me, as she was lazily drawing circles on the fabric on the couch.

"Do you want me to?"

"Duh, that's why I asked silly."

"My bad. Okay, here."

I scooted closer to her on the couch so she could see my phone before I pulled up a picture of them all.

"So this is Ashton, the drummer. That's Calum who plays bass & then that's Luke, the other guitarist. We all sing but Luke & Cal do the most."

"Gotcha, now details."

"Okay, so I'll start with Ashton. He's the oldest, he's 21. Ashton probably has the cutest laugh you will ever hear."

"Really?"

"Yea, it's one of those that makes you smile or laugh when you hear it because it's just that cute. He's very outgoing & in interviews, he usually takes most of the questions, he likes to talk. Ash has two younger siblings & his mom is raising them alone so he stepped into a dad role a bit at home...we all think he has a daddy kink too."

"Oh, wow."

"It's just speculation but he technically hasn't denied it yet. What else, hmm? Ashton is the one who keeps the fans the most informed, like he takes control of our band twitter account & he's always letting the fans know what we're up to. But Ash is also the most sensitive in the band I think. He's insecure because like he has the least amount of followers & he doesn't sing a ton so sometimes he doubts why he's in the band or if he's liked but we always bring him back up, we clearly need him. We weren't even serious as a band until Ash joined so he's needed. But the hate & criticism gets to him the most."

"Awh."

"Yea. We give him a lot of shit because he's horrible at video games & he showed up to our first band practice in his horrible purple shirt...he will never live that down."