Chapter 44

Be Nice

Shay's P.O.V

It was New Years Eve & Michael said he had the entire night planned for us but until then, we just hung around the apartment to pass the day away.

I was getting tips from Luke on how to cheat in mario kart while Mikey was waiting to receive confirmation that the email of the newsletter that he wrote for the 5sos has been sent out meaning that the newsletter was now public to their fans through e-mail.

"Alright, it's out. Want to read it?"

"Yes!" Luke & I both jumped up & sat on the couch next to him, Mikey in the middle of us two & then he opened the document for us.

"Hey melons,

 Mikey here. I feel special, I get to write the last newsletter for 2014! Can you believe 2014 is ending? I hope everyone had a great holiday season & has a fun news years planned :) 

Anyway, I'm writing this letter because I want to talk to you guys a bit. If you didn't know, once we finished the Miami show of the Where We Are tour, I didn't go back to Sydney like the other three lads. Instead, I went to this place called Lake Placid in New York. It's a very nature-y place, like my cabin was literally in a forest & there was no wifi! But I survived & it was a great time. I was there for about two months for reasons that I wasn't really aware of until I arrived. I owe you all an apology because somewhere along the way, I got caught up in the life we were living. I forgot why I started music & why I was where I was. It's all because of the fans & I took advantage of that. 

But I want to work on that now! I am so grateful for everything you guys have done & I can't wait to get back out there & tour, meet you guys, talk to you on twitter & update you on instagram like Ashton usually does :P 

2015 is going to be a crazy year for 5sos, I can feel it! I hope you enjoyed our first album & hopefully a second will be out in a few months with a new single (dare I say it) soon! I hope to get back out on the road & see all of you lovely fans, & new fans too :)  Thanks for sticking around, you guys are my family & I love you all.

Have a safe New Years & see you in 2015! (which in technically in a few hours for us in Aus)

Love you all to the moon,

Mikey 

Luke must had read faster than me because he spoke before I finished. "I think that's perfect Michael."

But then I caught up & read the ending. "I think it is too. You admitted you were wrong but show you changed & yea, I think that's good. I'm proud of you babe." I smiled, kissing him.

"Not when I'm next to you!" Luke yelled, shaking his head & going back to mario kart.

"Just one thing left." Michael smiled.

"What?"

"I have to introduce you!"

"When do you want to do that?"

"Now."

& then Michael pulled out his phone.

"How, instagram?" Luke asked. 

"Yep."

"I'll probably have to do two videos since you only get 15 seconds....want to be in them Shay?"

"Not really."

"Fine but then I'm posting a picture of us after so they can see how pretty you are."