Chapter 22

One Condition

Michael's P.O.V

"Okay, do you want me to fold these clothes or just throw them in the suitcase?" Shay asked me as she was taking the clothes out of my closet.

"Throw them in there, I don't mind if they wrinkle."

We were packing up my things & moving them over to Shay's place.

In a day or two we'd be driving down to NYC for Thanksgiving but until then, we were moving my things over to hers.

A part of me was wondering if this was a good idea, especially since I haven't even met Shay's parents yet & now I'm living in their lake house...but then again, I like a bit of risk & this whole time with Shay has been a journey so far so why not just continue it.

"Let me just grab my things from the shower & then I think that's everything."

Shay & I had been packing up all morning & putting my bags into her car.

I grabbed my bathroom things & put them into a box before loading that last one into her car.

"Have everything?" Shay asked me coming up & wrapping her arm around me as I stood in the middle of the kitchen doing a search just to make sure.

"I think so babe. Are you sure you want to do this?"

"I'm sure Michael, are you?"

"Yea, I am. I actually am sure. So will your parents flip out?"

"No, they don't need to know. They don't visit me anyway so it's okay. You're meeting them soon too so we'll see if they like you & if we want to tell them, we can but if not, then we don't."

"I'm fine with that, surprisingly. The renter is coming to pick up the keys in like a half hour. What do you want to do until then?"

"I can think of something." Shay then turned so her chest was pressed to mine & she wrapped her arms around my neck, pulling me down & giving me a kiss. 

I grabbed Shay & lifted her onto the counter before I spread her legs just enough so I could stand in between them, never breaking the kiss.

Shay wrapped her legs around my waist & that pulled me in tighter.

I definitely think we passed the time in a great way.

The person who rented me the cabin came to pick up the keys & he made sure there wasn't any damage to the house before that was that.

I closed the door for the final time.

"You okay?" Shay asked, grabbing my hand & walking towards her car.

"I am. I mean it was only my place for a month or so but a lot happened in there, it's weird."

"No, I agree. A lot did happen."

"Yea but the memories are still with me. Let's go to yours now."

"I mean technically it's yours too, Mikey."

I sure hope I was making the right decision.

-

Shay's P.O.V

Moving Michael's clothes & things into my house didn't take too long because he didn't have too many things but I did clear out half the closet for him & drawer space.

He set his things up on the left side of the bathroom counter & I had the right side. It was cute to see our toothbrushes both out.

I kind of just went out on a limb & asked him to move in but I was glad I did. I mean aside from the fact that we were spending every second together already, I felt safe when I was with Michael, I felt strong, so a month with him with me could only do good.