If  I go home.

"Yo, E! You gonna stand there all night or are you tryin' to get some? Keep up, man!"

Josh snaps me back to reality right in time for me to realize that I'm a couple steps away from totally losing him and Trish in the crowd. I jog up behind Trish and her eyes cut over to mine the second she hears me approach her. She turns around and winks at me like she isn't holding hands with my best friend. I've gotta tell him, I just don't know how or when. Or even where I'd start--especially after his whole love confession.

I figured Josh was up to something when he kept ditching me outta nowhere for "other plans" and texting somebody like his fingers were glued to his phone. I just didn't expect that "something" to be her.

Now Josh is acting all kinds of twitterpated leading Trish over to dance in front of DJ Rick's table like she's some kind of princess. No doubt, there's definitely something about her that makes you wanna get on your knees and worship the ground she walks on. 

This girl's got both of us eating out of her hands but that might just be the fact that she can rock a guy's world in the physical department and hijack your brain at the same time.

Shit.

She's still in my head.

I still hear her talking to me in the back of Josh's car. Still feel her touching me to the point where guilt doesn't even stop me from wanting more of her.

A better guy could probably ignore the way she moves, the way she dresses, the way she keeps glancing back over her shoulder and smiling me right back into trouble. But I'm losing my grip on things the longer she keeps up this game.

"Hurry up, Elias. We wouldn't want you to miss out on all the fun," Trish says, her voice floating above the music. She eyes me from head to toe and then motions for me to follow her and Josh further into the crowd.

The swell of people pushes me closer to Trish until her hands are inches away. She slows down and lets her fingers graze mine, and just like that I'm stupidly considering pulling her away from Josh and taking her someplace where we can finish what we started.

But the second I try to touch her, she flits away from me. Tiptoeing just out of reach—where she belongs.

She grabs Josh right as the DJ starts spinning The Weeknd's "I Feel it Coming", and completely throws him off his mission to find Rick.

Josh obviously doesn't mind the distraction, and neither do I.

Trish swivels around, swaying her half exposed hips to the music. She pushes herself right up against my best friend while her eyes wander all over me. Josh is too caught up in her spell to notice and I'm too lost to walk away.

"What's with you, man? Don't tell me you went through all that online trouble to ignore a real life friend request. Check it! Three o'clock!"

Josh redirects my attention over to a knock out beautiful brown-skinned girl making her way towards me through the crowd. She's a killer--dark eyes, game changing smile, and the right moves to go with it. I don't have to think twice about the decision to dance with her--especially if dancing with her means not having to keep thinking about Trish.

I extend a hand, she's whispers her name, and that's about all the talking we do before she leads me deeper into the dance floor. I trip over my feet, still struggling to match the fast-paced rhythm of the music, but right when I nearly quit all together she takes the lead. 

She twirls around me while the smell of summer, sea salt, and warm sugar follows her. I tense up as she moves in close--and starts moving her hips in ways that almost stop me from thinking about Trish all together.