Chapter 14: Let The Games Begin

Natsu's POV

Me, Lucy, Erza, Gray, and Elfman were running through a maze it seemed endless. Monsters kept appearing, but we defeated them making our way towards the center.

We saw seven other teams standing in the middle. Lamia Scale, Blue Pegasus, Mermaid Heel, Quatro Cerberus, Sabertooth, Raven Tail, and Naruto, Sasuke, Mirajane, Laxus, and Gajeel standing there smirking.

"Why are you guys here?" Erza asked

"I just felt like competing for the first time in seven years." Naruto says crossing his arms

"You haven't competed?!?!" Gray asks

"Nah I usually let Brandish and Irene handle stuff like this, but since you guys returned I guess it's worth competing." He smirked

"Hello everyone, and Welcome to the Grand Magic Games. I am your announcer Chapati Lola joined by former council member Yajima." He yells into the microphone.

"Pleased to be here." Yajima says happily

Then this pumpkin guy appears, "I am Mato, your host. The tournament will be divided into 5 days, with two events held each day, one battle and one surprise event. For the surprise event, each team will receive an amount of points based on their position in the end of it:
1st: 10 points
2nd: 8 points
3rd: 6 points
4th: 4 points
5th: 3 points
6th: 2 points
7th: 1 points
8th: 0 points
For the battles, the winning team gets 10 points and the loser won't get any; if the fight ends up in a draw, both teams get 5 points. The first event is called Hidden now each team send out one contestant." He explained

"Guys let me handle this." Gray said

We all nodded, "Good luck Gray." He nodded and walked towards the arena. Meeting Beth Vanderwood from Mermaid Heel, Eve Tearm from Blue Pegasus, Mirajane Strauss from our guild, His long term rival Lyon Vastia from Lamia Scale, Nullpudding from Raven Tail, Rufus from SaberTooth, Jäger from Quatro Cerberus.

The pumpkin jumped up explaining the rules, "In this game, the participants are sent to different locations in a town magically created, which is filled with clones of the competitors.
Mages win 1 point when they attack another competitor.
Mages lose 1 point if they are attacked by another competitor or if they attack a clone.
10 seconds after being attacked, the Mage will respawn in a different area of the city.
Restarts can happen as many times as necessary until the time limit is reached.
The winner is the Mage that has the most points after 30 minutes. Let the match begin."

The arena turned into a large town and all the contestants were scattered around the town. We watched as Gray was attacked by Nullpudding from Raven Tail repeatedly. Mirajane was wiping the floor with everyone she crossed paths with. Gray finally put a stop to it, but the match ended. Making us come in last place.

Mato appeared again, "Now onto the the end of Day 1 the battles. Battle 1 will consist of Lucy Heartfilia from Fairy Tail A vs Flare Corona from Raven Tail."

"Good luck Luce." I kissed her cheek watching her leave for the arena.

"Each battle with be 30 minutes. That being said let the battle begin!!!" He said making the battle begin

"OPEN GATE OF THE BOVINE: TAURUS!!!!" She screamed grabbing one of her keys opening them.

A giant cow with a giant axe appears by her side, "MOOOO!!! Lady Lucy I'm here to fight by your side."

"Thanks, let's do our best." She shouted and he grabbed his axe twirling around his hands gripping it tightly.

"You won't beat me." Flare said and her hair came to life sending it towards them.