Chapter 1: First Class Free

Start from the beginning

Now, Queens is just a little piece of New York but one that has a lot of flavor. I live on the "rich side" as some call it. But that was only because after my dad left my mom was bound on giving me the best life. I think she spoils me as an apology for my dad leaving. Even though it was 100% not her fault.

I'm not saying that before he left we were poor but we did live in the 'projects'. To be honest, I quite miss it. Seeing the preteens riding their rusty bikes that were passed on from their big brothers. Waking up at 2 AM to the loudest Bachata the neighbors could find. Listening to my dad talk about his childhood in Cuba while we passed a Cuban deli. And the best of all, seeing little beautiful children of all different cultures playing together. I'm proud to say that the hood is 90% of who I am. I'm not complaining about the privilege of having a pool in my backyard though.

When I get closer to where my locker is, a wide smile started to play on my lips as I see my two best friends in the whole world. Scarlet, a 5'5 brown-haired Puerto Rican girl with a light olive skin tone and pearl white smile. And then there's Robert, but we call him Robby. He's a 5'8 muscular African-American boy with dark brown skin. He's gorgeous, but we've been only best friends since forever. And that'll never change. Robby and Scarlet are the people I mostly hang out with. 'Mostly' meaning ALWAYS.

Robby ran to me and we did our 15-second handshake. Don't ask but we made it up in 5th grade.

"What's Gucci?" Shouted Scarlet smiling widely while hugging me.

"I know you're fucking lying bro. We barely started our senior year and you still hold on to that phrase?" I giggled while shaking my head.

"Yo, Angel oh my gooood." Robby stood next to me with a cheeky grin.

"What's up?"

"There's this new guy came today, and they say that his abs are harder than Mr. Miller life." Robby gushed making all three of us scream in laughter. Oh, did I forget to mention he's bisexual?

"Damn you did Mr. Miller dirty Rob..." said Scarlet almost choking on her laughs.

We kept on making jokes while walking through the hallway heading to the exit door since it was time for dismissal. Suddenly we stopped in our tracks when we heard moans coming from the girls bathroom. We giggled silently since we knew exactly who it was.

Gabriel and Angela. The horniest couple in school. Always had sex where ever they pleased. Some people didn't care and other people wanted to kill them for it. But whether people cared or not...they still did it.

Scarlet, Robby and I stood outside the bathroom laughing until a loud bang came from the door opening. We all froze watching Gabriel and Angela smile breathlessly at each other.

"Enjoyed the show? I'm sure you'll need the visuals to learn how to actually do it." Gabriel growled at me with a nasty horny grin on his face while Angela just giggled her dumb ass off behind him. They walked away leaving me with strawberry blushed cheeks and with two goofs dying of laughter behind me.

"It's not funny!!! He's disgusting!" I whispered loudly looking at Robby and Scarlet who were covering their mouths to prevent their chuckles.

"Yeah...I bet he does lots of JERKING if you know what I mean. Oh hold on, bestie you're a virgin I don't think you know what that means yet." Scarlet spoke between her teeth trying not to explode from laughter in the middle of the hallway.

Oh no she didn't.

"First of all, it's not my fault that you two perverts already lost your virginity ok? Shame on you Scarlet for making fun of it because you know I haven't found the right guy. And you know what? I bet Angela does all the jerking on him!" I rolled my eyes to the very back of my head. Robby and Scarlet snorted while we walked out of the school's front door.

While we walked home Robby and Scarlet were arguing between what was worse; math or science. But while they were into this super irrelevant topic, I was lost deep in my thoughts. Acknowledging how my friends will go home to BOTH of heir parents. I mean at least I got one, but my Mom is almost never home. And being an only child isn't all sunshine and rainbows.

She's a doctor so she's at work more than any other place. My dad left us when I was 8 years old. Why? You might ask. He cheated on my mom with a younger version of her. I know, fucked up. He said there was no spark left between him and mom but he still loved her, so he got a girl that had an uncanny resemblance to my mom, just younger.

That woman...scarred me for life. But that's a story for another day. The plain thought making the hairs at the back of neck rise.

I will always love my dad but I'm proud to say that I didn't shed a tear the day he left. He doesn't deserve it. My mom was strong which made me strong. And I honestly can't complain much about the lifestyle I have now. Not to brag or anything but like I said before...we live pretty well. Thanks to my hard-working beautiful mom.

"Watcha thinking about Angel?" shouted Robby snapping his fingers in my face to get my attention.

"I was just thinking about how my life is so perfectly fucked." I sighed slowly and formed a sarcastic smile on my lips.

"Wow wow wow, first of all, your life isn't fucked. Second of all, if your life was fucked, the last thing you'd want to do is think about it. And third...ok I don't have a third one BUT YOU GET THE POINT!" Robby insisted with a look of affection and determination in his eyes.

"Thanks, and yes I shouldn't be thinking about it. It's the same shitty topic anyway." I agreed and looked down at the wet leaves on the ground.

"And plus, you've just gotten a hold of the dance team. I mean being the captain of a 24-member dance team? That includes ME in it? That takes strength and power. Your life is not fucked. You're a sexy and hilarious dancing queen." Scarlet intervened making me laugh.

"Thanks sis." I smiled and tried to erase my any sign of a bad thought.

We kept walking and sharing details of our day before we said our goodbyes. Robby and Scarlet went to the left and I took the opposite direction.

I still had 15 minutes of walking in order to get to my house. I always take the same route, but this time I was bored and thirsty so I decided to take a different street and go to the Flashback Diner to get some coffee. In my opinion, coffee is what keeps the world going. It's my literal drug. Couldn't live without it.

As I kept walking in this direction, my surroundings got cleaner and cleaner. A sign that I have reached the classy neighborhood. Not a speck of dust on the side walks. Sky suddenly looking clearer.

I kept taking in the serene atmosphere before going into the diner and getting my latte. I noticed a particular fancy scent in the air, almost like a very expensive men's cologne. But I ignored it. As soon as I walked out, a cool breeze caressed my skin, a faint sound coming from under me. I stopped at the feeling of something hitting my foot. A tiny red card.

Feeling a weird gravitational force towards it, I picked it up and read the bright red letters;

                    First Class Free
*Phone Number*
*Address*

First class free? Free is always good... Wait, class for what though?

I can't be stupid enough can I...

I have been looking for something to keep my mind off things, getting a break from the overthinking.

Maybe, pottery? Poetry? Korean? I do have an unhealthy obsession with k-dramas.
What about painting? Cooking? Mmm, fuck it. Might as well check it out. The card looks real pretty and professional. I'll call tomorrow to check it out. Was this safe? Shit, why not?

Hopefully the teacher's good.