Masked Evil.

Summary: (FFH spoilers)
Peter and Quentin have been dating for years and Quentin is on the Avengers team. Shield notices someone in the group is not who they seem. Peter soon pieces it together and before he can tell anyone Quentin already finds out and gets to him. Beck doesn't quit and ends up taking Peter.

(In this universe Beck has actual powers including illusions that don't require bots)

Ships: Stony (Mentioned frequently), SpidermanxMysterio (Peter Parker x Quentin Beck)

{Soft, Hard, Manipulation, Obsession, Dark Ending}

———

"There's someone among us who's a mole." Fury said to the Avengers in a meeting "I want to know who the hell is it."

The Avengers all stared at each other.

"Are you sure it's one of us? After all these years none of us have ever backstabbed or fought the team, on our own accord, until Civil War, but then we came back together and we are still a team." Steve reasoned

"I'm confused..I haven't been in the last meeting since I hurt my leg." Peter said

"Right. Someone here is purposefully giving out confidential information to a team which isn't on our side. We realized this before but for one, we didn't want to alert you guys because one of you could be the mole. And two, we needed to do research on anyone who has any type of Shield access." Fury said

"Well what's the research show? One of us did it?" Natasha said

"I've done an extensive search on all the staff and their close family. It took months but we finally reasoned none of them are the culprit." Fury said "So then we researched all of you. Pretty basic knowledge, some not to basic knowledge. But you've all shown no false history."

"So why do you accuse us?" Quentin said

"Because. Recently we've found one of the guys working for the other group and taken him in. After intense interrogation for three days he'd given up that its one of the Avengers but he wouldn't name which. A polygraph taken by this person proved this fact true." Fury said "We didn't just base this conclusion on some man's words, but all he said added up and it would definitely make sense for it to be one of you all."

Everyone looked at each other once again.

"So who do you suspect?" Tony asked

"It would definitely be the brightest for me to tell you all right now." Fury remarked "Meetings over."

Everyone walked out and sat in the Avengers lounge, talking it out.

Quentin watched quietly as he examined the people around him.

Peter was talking to Wanda when he noticed how suspicious Quentin looked, no one else noticed as they were engrossed in their conversations.

"Quentin.." Peter said as he walked over to him

"Hm? Hey honey." Quentin said

"Why are you staring at them so..intently..?" Peter said

"Just focused on their conversations sweetheart. One of us is the mole. I know it isn't you or me. So I have no choice but to accuse some people mentally." Quentin said, giving Peter a charming smile.

"Yeah..if isn't one of us.." Peter mumbled.

His words sounded genuine, paired up with his charisma, it was hard not to believe him.

Peter wanted to believe Quentin was good. He almost felt guilty for accusing him 'mentally' as Beck would put it.

But things have been going on lately which Peter didn't fail to notice. Quentin always seems to disappear when something bad happens a couple hours later. He'd always have a good reason why and a genuine tone or expression, making it very believable. So everyone believed him.