Chapter 8 - Brace yourself Long-ge

Every year in the Engineering department, there's a famous Engineering Competition which the faculty students participate by building something or invent devices according to their specialties to compete against one another. The judges for the competition will be people from outside the faculty which includes fellow university students and outsider visiting the event. Everyone will have a right to vote only for one of the best or favorite inventions. Then the team with the most vote is the winner of the competition.

In the first few years, the winners were somehow based on the popularity of the team members and not on the invention itself. So later on, the rules have been slightly change. Each team's identities and invention are kept as confidential. No one is allow to tell others what they're building; otherwise, they'll be automatically disqualified from the competition. The presentation or explanation of the invention is to be made via animation. As a result, all the votes are based on the invention itself since voters have no idea who build them.

"Long-ge, have you ever been to the Engineering Competition that my faculty held every year?" Bai Yu asks with great curiosity.

"Engineering Competition? I think I've heard of it but I never gone to one before." YiLong honestly answers.

"Really? Wow, you have no heart for my faculty at all." Bai Yu fakes a hurt expression making the other man feel guilty.

"It's not like that ... It's just that I don't have time so I didn't visit!"

Bai Yu lets out a snicker as he enjoys teasing YiLong. "Calm down ... I was just teasing."

"Are you participating in the event?"

"I am ... no, I mean I join it every year."

"Oh ... then I'll make sure to go this year."

"Heh? Is that a promise?"

"Of course. I'll be there."

Bai Yu gives a mischievous grin and tracing his finger along YiLong's jawline towards the chin then gently tilts it up while moving closer until they're only few centimeters apart. "So if I don't see you at the event, I'll be giving you an UNFORGETTABLE PUNISHMENT." He makes sure to stress the last 2 words making YiLong gulps loudly and quickly turns away.

"W-what are you making this year?" YiLong tries changing the subject.

"It's a secret."

The simple answer makes YiLong frowns a little which Bai Yu finds this reaction to be very cute.

"It's the rule of the competition, not that I don't want you to know. So Long-ge, stop frowning."

The revelation makes YiLong turns red because 1) he didn't know that it was the rule and 2) he's even a little sad when he first hear that Bai Yu is keeping secrets from him. The second reason makes him doubt himself for a moment.

"How about a bet Long-ge?"

"Bet? On what?"

"Let's bet if you can tell which one of the invention is mine. If you select the correct one, you win and I'll be at your command for a day. But if it's wrong, then you'll be mine for a day."

"Um ... it's too unfair? I rarely know anything about Engineering."

"You don't really need to know about them, you just need to know me and guess which one is mine."

"Still ... Can't you give any hint?"

"Hmm ... How about I give you 3 chances to answer?"

With a little consideration and seeing the exuding excitement and anticipation of the younger lad, YiLong reluctantly agrees despite his low confidence of winning this bet.