Chapter 1- Sore break up

Sophie ran into her bathroom crying.

She had just gotten a message from Biana. It had been Fitz's Winowing Gala and he had not invited her. A couple of days ago they had they're first fight and she hadn't realized that it had hurt him so badly.

She knew that only people on his list would have been invited...but it still hurt.

She just wanted to keep his reputation intact. He was the 'golden boy' the 'star pupil' and she was just a freak.

An experiment.

They could never be together without questions and raised eyebrows. It just wouldn't work. Not without each other's names on their list.

From downstairs Sophie heard Sandor arguing with somebody, but she couldn't tell who it was. She threw her imparter on the floor in frustration and may or may not have slipped on it on the way out.

"Not again" Sophie grumbled. She had already spent -in her opinion- half of her birth fund on new imparters.

She got up, brushed herself off and almost spat on Sandor's face -he was so close- when she said, "Who is it?"

Sandor then tried to block the door as a head of blonde artfully styled hair tried to wriggle past his armpit. And then managed to get stuck.

"Oh, hi Foster. As you can see Gigantor decided that it would be ok if I came in." Keefe said. He then managed to send Sophie one of his famous smirks with a tuft of Sandor's armpit hair in his face. Somehow, it managed to make Sophie's traitorous lips let out a soft smile. And her heart flutte- wait, what was happening to her?

She wasn't even sure what was still between her and Fitz and her mind was rambling up possibilities to try and make up an excuse for her accelerated heart rate when Ro interrupted -letting out a war cry- and slamming into Sandor, squishing Keefe between them, as they all toppled onto Sophie's delicate flower carpet. She jumped back just in time to miss being in the collision of Sandor to the carpet.

There were muffled shouts from under Ro so she shuffled a bit ,letting a gasping Keefe roll onto the flowery carpet.

Sandor groaned. Ro then proceeded to sit down heavily on Sandor's back, pressing his face further into the carpet.
Sandor let out an "oof" and turned his head to breath better. Ro then smacked her hand on the front of Sandor's face as she said "There there Sandor, let's let them be." She dragged him out by his legs, winked at Keefe and slammed the door.

"Ok, and that's perfect example of why they," Keefe pointed to the door," do not get along."

Sophie had no reply so they just stood there awkwardly in silence, Keefe's disheveled form at her doorway and her pristine one my her window.
Sophie slightly fingered the hem of her skirt.

"Hi."

Keefe's featured softened, but only for a second. "What's gotten into you? You're usually ok around me." Keefe smirked at his last remark. Sophie then playfully slapped his arm.

"Owie, that hurt. Do you wanna kiss it better for me?" Keefe fake pouted.

"No." Sophie answered bluntly.

"You sureeee..." Keefe tried again.

"No." Sophie said, not realising her mistake.

"So you're not sure if you don't want to kiss it better" Keefe asked with one eyebrow raised. Sophie mentally slapped herself in the face, why hadn't the Black Swan given her the gift of good speech?

"No. I'm sure that I don-" Sophie was cut of by Keefe noticing the mallowmelt on her desk.

It took a second for each of them to realise the other's thoughts (mainly Sophie relising the danger her last price if mallowmelt was in).He started running towards it but Sophie was quick on his heels. Just before he reached it Sophie tripped. Keefe tried to catch her but just got caught in the momentum of her fall and they landed on top of each other. They were staring for a little too long, but just long enough for Sophie to take the piece of mallowmelt and jam it in his hair.

Keefe screeched as Sophie laughed. Running into Sophie's bathroom, Keefe was staring disbelievingly (idk if this is a word but yea) into his reflection and running his fingers through his hair, he was muttering like some insane person,"The hair, the hair. Never the hair."

Meanwhile, in the other room, Sophie was breathing heavily, heart hammering. Did she just have a moment, with Keefe Sencen? She had put the mallowmelt into his hair as a distraction, but she couldn't forget how he had looked into her eyes, like he was studying all of her features, like he could see right through her.

"Now, Sophie Foster," Keefe's voice caught her by surprise, unlatching her from her thoughts.
"I could feel your mood swings from the bathroom, and I would feel sorry for you but you just put mallowmelt in my hair. And mallowmelt takes weeks to come out so I'm not really in a 'feeling sorry' mood, ya know" Keefe's eyes were playfully accusing, and so was his voice. But Sophie didn't know how to react so she just sat down.

Keefe came over, "Hey, I heard about what happened with Fitz..." his voice trailed off when he saw -and felt- the pain that plastered itself onto Sophie's face. He put his arm around her and that was all the comfort she needed. Sophie let herself sink into his arm, that was quickly joined by the other arm and tuned into a hug. "I'm sorry." Keefe started but Sophie cut him off.

"There is nothing to be sorry for." Sophie managed to say between sniffs."You didn't do anything."

"I just wanted to say sorry though, he's my best friend. I know that I'm not Fitz but I just wanted to apologise for him being a jerk. I thought I knew him better, I could have stopped this whole thing." Keefe stated with a gentle voice.

"But it wasn't you," Sophie said, releasing herself from his comforting arms. "So don't go blaming yourself for Fitz. That's how guilt starts, the little things, and I would never forgive myself if I let another person slip down that hole. I would never get over it if it was you. It's not your fault." Sophie's heart pounded at what she had just said, and her head wanted to take it back. But she kept her lips tightly sealed, because what she had said was true.

She didn't know what she would do without Keefe.

-----------------------------------------------------------
A/n: Hello fellow humans. WARNING:I have terrible grammar and spelling!❣️
This is the first fan-fiction that we (yes there are two authors) have written. And all I can say is EKKKK
*THROWS CONFETTI EVERY WHERE*
*Bella grumbles*
So as you can tell I am SUPERRRR excited for this. Now I'm going to stop talking. Just going to get the boring bit out of the way.

/+ALL RIGHTS TO SHANNON MESSENGER AND ALL CHARACTERS IN THIS CHAPTER ARE HER'S TOO!!!+/

Yea.

That's all from me. Us. Whatever, I wrote the a/n this time. Thanks for reading my disgusting writing and Bella's beautiful writing. It means a lot. Also thanks for reading this loonngg a/n!

Okie. Yea. (From me, Louisa. This was 998 words I think so vote and comment!)

-immasecretlemonaidedrinker