Not a Failure

Ayas POV

I just finished work with the kids so I head back to my apartment. Once I get there I take a nap.

I'm woken up to my phone ringing. I look at the caller ID and see it's my mother. 

"Yes mom?"

"You disgrace!"

"What?"

"I go to the clinic where you said you worked and you weren't even there!  I asked where I could find you and they say you didn't work there!"

"..."

"I cannot believe you! You lied to me!"

"..."

"You have disappointed me in a way I don't think you understand!"

"Mo-"

"NO! Don't you ever think of coming back home! For anything!" and she hangs up.

I just sob into my pillow and I try to call Yuki but she doesn't answer. So I clean myself up and head out. I go to Karsens bar. He's not there and the makes me sad but I just take shot after shot to drown my sadness.

*Timeskip*

I am drunk off my butt.

Karsens POV

I walk into my bar after getting supplies from the back. I look around the bar to see its empty except for this head of hair on the bar. I walk over and I relieve the bartender.  Walking to the head of hair I tap on their head and ask if they're okay.

They bring their head up and I recognize it as Aya.

"Karsen! O M G! It KarSeN." she slurs. She's drunk.

"Okay, Aya lets get you home." I tell her.

"No." she shakes her head defiantly. I walk over to the front door and close the bar. I take her hand and lead her to the door. She just sighs and lets me lead her. 

Once we get to her apartment I ask for her keys and she nods towards her pockets. I rifle through her pockets and find her key. I unlock the door and lead her to the couch. 

"Am I a disappointment?" she suddenly asks.

"What? No." I answer confused by the question. "Why would you say that?"

"Because my mom said so. Just because I didn't work at the clinic I am the family failure." she answers.

"Well, your certainly not a failure."

Her eyes sparkle at me, "Really?!" she exclaims.

"Of course. You're very good for the children you teach. Your succesful in my eyes." I answer.

"Thank you. That means so much to me. You mean so much to me." 

"Thank you?" I blush a little. "Let's get you to bed."

I lead her to her bedroom and she falls onto the bed. I tell her to change and to call if she needs any help. The just changes and tells me to come in. She's in a big t-shirt that covers her to her mid-thighs. She climbs into bed and I tuck her in. I go to leave but she grips my hand and says, "Wait."

She blushes and asks, "Can you stay here?"

I smile a little and I climb into the bed. She snuggles into me and I hold her close. It makes me feel warm when I touch her like this... it's weird. I fall asleep. 

A/N: EEEEEEEE! MY BABIES! Their my fav ship in this book! Their cuties.