"I know," she grumbles, grabbing her coffee pot from the table behind, "Some people have no respect. Excuse me, boys."

She mumbles under her breath as she approaches the counter. Do people not understand that she's trying to look at her best friend's album? Hones-

She stops dead in her tracks when she sees who her new customers are, glancing over her shoulder to see that Roger is still too interested in looking at the cover.

She digs her small notebook out from her apron and puts on her best smile because sitting at the counter, is Rebecca.

She's with a friend and Roxanne slowly approaches the two, holding up her coffee pot, "Morning!"

Meanwhile, over at the table, when the guys are finished poking fun at him and his love bites, John tries to steer the conversation towards his girlfriend's upcoming birthday, "Rox's birthday is coming up."

Roger nods and helps himself to coffee, "Yep."

"I was thinking that maybe she'd like to go back home for a couple of days."

"Trying to get rid of her, Deaky?" Freddie teases. 

"I'd be going with her, mate," John mutters, "But it's just, she mentioned that she kind of misses it and I don't know. I guess I thought it'd just be a nice surprise." 

"I think she'll love it," Roger nods, "She'd love to see her mum and dad." 

John nods, happy that at least one person thinks it's a good idea and he makes a mental note to remember to either go to the train station or ring them to enquire about the tickets. 

"Hey," Brian suddenly points over Freddie's shoulder, "Rog, isn't that the pretty girl?" 

The blonde looks up at him with a glare, "It wasn't funny the first time. Nor the fourth and it still isn't funny." 

"I think he's right, mate. She's sitting at the counter," John nods and Roger rolls his eyes, but to give them satisfaction, he turns to look and when he does, he almost falls out of his seat because it is Rebecca. She's here, she's sat mere feet from him. 

Roxanne is making coffee but looking at their table, not-so-subtly nodding towards where Rebecca and her friend are sat, mouthing talk to her. 

But Roger shakes his head when he recognises the friend as the receptionist and after Roxanne puts two mugs of coffee down in front of the two women, she makes her way over. 

"Talk to her!" she hisses in his ear as she passes. 

"No," Roger shakes his head again, "Nessie, no. That's the receptionist from the other day. She'll recognise me." 

"Roger, talk to her!" Roxanne repeats, "What's the worst that could happen? She says that she's not interested?" 

"What if she has a boyfriend?"

"She doesn't," she shakes her head, "Though her friend keeps talking about some lad called Jack. Said that he's pretty keen on taking her out." 

"What?" he looks over his shoulder again, "You heard that?" Roxanne nods and to everyone's surprise, he gets up, sorting his shirt before looking at his friend, "I look alright?"  

"Oh darling, just go!" Freddie begs and Roger nods, pointing a finger at Roxy when she moves to follow. 

"No. You stay there." 

"Rude," she pouts, falling down into the seat she was in earlier though she has to cover her mouth to stop a laugh when Roger takes a deep breath before turning around and heading towards the counter. 

"He's doing it," Brian says in relief when the blonde actually makes it to Rebecca's side but her receptionist friend is the one who notices him standing there first, clearing her throat so that Rebecca knows to turn around. 

Roxanne grins when Doug chooses that moment to ding the little bell that signals that food is ready and she too makes her way over, wiggling her eyebrows at Roger, stopping when Rebecca looks her way. 

"I knew I remembered you." she says softly as Roxanne puts their food orders down in front of them, "You came into the studio."

The friend, who Roxanne was convinced was Joan is still staring at Roger as if she too knows him. 

"You do?" Roger asks, clearing his throat, "Remember us I mean."

Rebecca nods, "Yep. Did you manage to find a studio?"

He nods and Roxanne knows to leave them but before she can, Joan slams her hand down on the table and points at her cousin. 

"I knew it! You're the one who's been looking in the window!"

Roxanne quickly grabs another table's order when Doug taps the small bell, giving Roger what she hopes is a good luck smile as his face falls and he nervously glances at Rebecca.

Roger and Rebecca talk for almost half an hour, her food long forgotten and when Joan taps the brunette on the shoulder, probably telling her that they'll be late for work if they don't leave now, Roxanne fears that he's going to let her slip away from him once more. 

"Well?" Freddie asks impatiently when Rebecca's gone and Roger returns to the table. 

Roxanne squeals excitedly when he holds up a napkin with a number scribbled on it, "I'm taking her out tomorrow night."

Finally. 

++|++

WHY ARE ROGER, BRIAN AND ADAM NOT COMING TO SCOTLAND. I CALL BULLSHIT. i am so upset. all i want to do is give them my money 😭😭