17. Only mine

The next day
M A N I K

We stopped by the beach, where a hammock and lovely seating place for two was arranged. I could see Nandini struggling to walk on the sand due to her heels.

"Damn this high h-" I didn't even let her complete as I lifted her in my arms. She looked at me and smiled as she circled her hands around my neck, snuggling into my chest. Her enthralling scent filled my whole atmosphere, making me and my wolf go crazy.

I carried her till the hammock. Then after settling her down there, I sat beside her. The sea was mesmerising. Ebbing ever so gently, the waves drenched the sand.

I slowly wrapped my arms around her waist and pulled her closer. She was enjoying the beauty of the sea while I was busy admiring her the whole time.

"The sea is really beautiful." She spoke out softly and I smiled, my gaze fixed on her. "Yea it's beautiful."

She turn her gaze to me, "You have been looking at me the whole time and you didn't for once look at the sea."

"Was that a complaint?" I asked.

She looked at me for a brief second before turning her gaze to the sea,"It wasn't though." Her voice was low but it was loud enough for me to hear.

"So you enjoy the beauty of the sea. I will enjoy the beauty sitting beside me." I said with a wide goofy type smile on my face.

"The sea might find it unfair." I could see her pout.

"So what? It's the sea's fault that it's not even 1% as beautiful as you are." I said, nuzzling my nose in her hair. She held my one free hand which was placed on my lap and looked at me. I could see her blushing on my compliment.

"I never knew you had a romantic side of you." She said.

"Now get used to this side because you'll be seeing this quite often." I said as I intertwined our fingers.

We had gone through a lot. Our love story wasn't simple, it had gotten messier with the time. We shed buckets of tears and struggled a lot with our messed up feelings. We ran away, we hurt each other, we held onto one another, we pushed each other away and at the same time we waited for each other.

We went through a lot and may be that was why we both knew how valuable the time that we had been spending together was.

I slowly leaned closer to her neck and brushed my lips slightly on her neck, making her blush.

"I love you Nandini." I whispered.

"I love you too Manik." She said, leaning on my shoulder. She slowly raised our intertwined hands and kissed it.

A while later we both walked on the sand hand in hand. The waves touched our feet from time to time and we stopped walking. We both looked at each other, a constant smile playing on our lips.

"You told me you wanted to say something." I reminded her and she smiled.

"Thank you for coming in my life. You know what I realized my trueself only after meeting you. Manik Malhotra you change my world like magic." She said, her gaze fixed to me this whole time.

"And you make my world beautiful. The day I laid my eyes on you I wanted you to be mine. I fell in love with you at first sight." I said slowly.

She looked at me for a second before turning her gaze to her pocket and taking out a small box. I wasn't sure what was in the box but it looked like a ring box.

She stepped a step closer to me and opened the box, it sure was a ring box. "Manik." She breathed out, looking at me. "Will you marry me? I know there's no such thing like marriage in the werewolf world but still-" I didn't even let her complete as I hugged her tightly and whispered in her ears. "Yes I will marry you."

We broke the hug and I could see her smile widely. She then softly pressed her lips against mine. It was just a soft peck and yet it evoked thousands of sparks within me.

She then slipped the ring in my ring finger. "You are officially legally mine, only mine." She said, her gaze fixed on me.

The very next second I kissed her harder and she too kissed me back. We pulled over, grinning.

"For this ring I need to give you something too then only it will be fair enough." I said as I took out a necklace from my pocket.

"You don't seem surprised?" I said as I leaned closer to her and worked my hands in locking the necklace around her neck.

"Well I had seen this coming."

"How?" I asked.

"You seemed overly happy yesterday. So you know I-I read your mind." She said, smiling sheepishly.

I looked at her. "That's so unfair." I complained.

"Everything's fair in love and war." She said before pushing me away and running. I ran behind her, our giggles and laughter filling the environment.

I still feared that she would leave me some day but then I didn't want to ruin my present with her just because of that fear. I planned to love her like there was no tomorrow because every love story is a tragedy whether you believe it or not.

"Hey come here." I shouted as I ran behind her. She giggled, shaking her head in 'no'. However I managed to catch her.

She wriggled in my hold, giggling and I squeezed her in my hold.

She was neither a human nor a vampire and she wasn't a werewolf too. She was the mixture of all three breeds. She was an experiment just like I was. But that didn't matter anymore, neither to her nor to me.

Our lives were filled with flaws and we were too. But then we learned to love each other and learned to love our flaws. And may be this is what love is.

I love her and she is mine, only mine.

T H E E N D

Thank you to all the readers of 'Only Mine.' The plot of this story had been quite messy and ofcouse updates were irregular too but still you guys stuck to this story and I am thankful.

I just hope you guys enjoyed reading it. Fingers crossed.

Do vote and comment for one last time in 'Only Mine'

Love ya ❤