14. A year later

I am early again.
***

One year later

M A N I K

I walked inside my room as I threw my coat somewhere in the room and loosened my tie. I threw myself on the bed and closed my eyes.

And the only face that flashed in front of me was hers. I rolled to the other side of the bed, sighing.

A year had passed by and yet I have heard no information about her. I couldn't leave the clan because I had to clean up the mess that I had created. The other clans especially the Blizzare pack had attacked us several time. We somehow had managed to chase them away. But they didn't stop.

After a month of that they attacked us again and that time my clan was almost in the verge of losing when an anonymous pack of wolves had showed up and fought from our side. They appeared and disappeared and their identity is still unknown.

After that day till now, whenever any war breaks out, they show up. Once I even tried following them but I failed to know about their whereabouts. Who were they?

The clan was still in crisis but the condition was not so bad compared to before. Thanks to that anynomous pack and Healer.

Who was Healer? Even I had no idea. He was the one who alerted me before the war even broke out. Because of that too I had managed to prevent a few wars.

"I miss you so much Nandini. Only if I could run into your arms right now." I let out a slow breath as I looked at the last line of her letter and I could feel my heart hurting. A lone tear escaped my eyes as I gulped the lump that had formed in my throat. "I love you too Nandini and I will keep on loving you and only you."

"Alpha." Cabir's voice hit my head and I wiped away my tears almost immediately as I sat upright.

"What's the matter?"

"We got a letter from Healer."

"Bring it to my office." I mind linked.

I looked at her letter one last time before neatly folding it and placing it in the drawer.

"When will we be able to find her?" I could hear Parth sigh.

Few hours later, a few miles away from the Bluemoon pack

N A N D I N I

"I guess he got my letter."I said as I adjusted my sword. "Abhi it's not going be easy this time."

"I know right. The Bizarre clan has joined hands with The Black. It's gonna be very hard even if our armies are sent to the battleground." Abhi said as he walked ahead of me.

"But let's not give up. We have come this far. Let's end this now. This time we won't let them retreat." I said, determined.

A year had passed by since I had left Manik. Eventually I had planned to leave the country but the day I left the clan, I read my mom's mind again.

My father raised me with an evil motive but he was good to me. He was good to my mum. He never even raised his voice at her. Then why? Why did he try to kill his own mate? I was curious and anxious. So I read my mom's mind and that was when I got to know about the werewolf army that my father had been training for years. My mother had come to know about the army and his plannings and so he tried killing her. Sigh!

The werewolf army consisted especially of rogue wolf and they had been training under my father since they were kids and hence all of them were loyal to my father. And strangely they were loyal to me too. In fact they were trained to obey me and he had even built a secret underground basecamp deep in the woods.

At first I wasn't sure about what I needed to do but when I got to know about the condition of our clan, I decided to use them to protect our clan. This was the only thing I could do or let's say this was the thing I had to do as the Luna of the clan.

After the first war, I realized running away was not the solution. I had to stop running away. He needed me.
So I trained myself with Abhi and furnished my powers. I learned sword fighting and even gun shooting. I disguised myself and sneaked into clans. I planted spy all around and I fought with more than hundred of werewolves. All this months I have got to know a lot about werewolves.

I had really been busy all these months but still with every breath I breathed in I missed him. Time and again I felt like leaving everything and running into his embrace but I just couldn't. We were so close and yet so apart.

"Nandini you sure you want to do this. Are you really ready for this Nandini?" Abhi looked at me.

"One day or the other I have to face him. And to win we have to directly involve ourselves." I said in a matter of fact tone. "Abhi let's do this. With our life we have to protect this clan."

"The army will arrive in a while." Abhi informed. Right then I heard the rustling of leaves and that alarmed me.

In a jiffy I climed up the tree and so did Abhi. Not long after I could see the rival wolf's pack and their army was huge in number. I keenly observed them from above as they made their way.

When the way was cleared we climbed down. "Damn they are huge in number." Abhi said.

"They sure are but they aren't carrying any weapons. So it's going to be a plus point for me." I said as I looked at my gun and sword. "Abhi you wait for the army here and lead them to the clan. I will go ahead."

"But it's very risky alone." He contradicted.

"Who said I am alone? I have him." I said and smiled a bit.

"Okay go but take care." He said and smiled melancholy.

I looked at him one last time before running down the woods.

This might as well be our last time.

****

So did you like the change? I just hope you did. Do drop your reviews. I need it badly.

Love ya ❤