11• You are only you

"I will never let you go because I love you." He said as he gently let me go but not completely. I looked at him, shocked with his confession. It would be a lie if I said my heart didn't flutter at his words but at the same time it hurt too.

He gently held my face in between his palm and that was the only warning I got before his head bent down and his lips fused with my lips, making my mind go completely numb.

This shouldn't be happening.

I pushed him a bit and pulled away.
"Nandini." He called but I averted my gaze from him to the ground.

"Don't love me. Don't fall for me." I said as I stepped. I heard him let out a slow breath before he stepped forward and all I did was step back.

"Although I am your mate but the fact that my dad killed your dad can never be changed. I can only bring sadness." I said, gulping the lump that had formed in my throat.

"Nandini." He forcefully held me by my waist and pulled me closer to him, making my heart beat faster. I wriggled in his hold, trying to push him away.

"Look into my eyes Nandini." His intense voice reached my ears as he abruptly pulled me closer and subconsciously I raised my head. Our eyes met and the intensity that I witnessed in his eyes made me avert my gaze almost immediately.

"Manik leave me." I said, trying hard not to break down. With his other free hand he held my chin and made me look into his eyes.

"I don't care what happened in the past. I really don't care about what your dad or my dad did. I really don't care because for me you are only you. You are my mate, my only love and my everything. And even if you tell me to let you go, I won't. I will hold onto you till the end. You are mine and only mine." His voice was so intense that I could feel my stomach flipflop.

He tightened his hold around my waist and that was the only warning I got before he bent down and fused his lips with mine. And trust me that moment my heartbeat was just not mine.

My mind went completely numb and my eyes shut close. I didn't even realize when my lips started moving against his.
It was slow and gentle in the beginning but it turned out to be passionate and sizzling.

At one point I struggled for breath and he almost immediately pulled away. I knew this was wrong and yet I couldn't control my instincts. That moment it felt as if I didn't have control over my own emotions.

I felt his fingers gently stroke my right cheek, giving me this jittery feeling but I didn't dare to open my eyes. "You need me as much as I need you." His husky voice reached my ears and I opened my eyes only to meet his.

After a moment of staring into his eyes, I averted my gaze and pushed him away a little as I stepped a step back. "But I don't love you."

I saw his lips curve into a small smile. "It's okay even if you don't love me, I will love you and I will make sure my love will be enough for both of us."

"But-" I couldn't speak any further as he placed his forefinger on my lips and I could feel the goosebumps all over again.

"Let's sleep together." And my eyes widened on his words. Sleep together.

He then scooped me in his arms and in two long strides we were on the bed. He gently placed me on the bed and hovered over me. I could feel my body stiffen as his face came near me. He pecked my lips before smiling and sleeping beside me.

I let out the breath I had unknowingly been holding. Gosh what was I thinking? But he made it sound like that. I felt his arms around me as he pulled me closer and dug his head in the crook of my neck. All I did was to stay still as I felt those tingling sensations within me.

"Are you disappointed from what happened earlier?" He said in a low, husky voice and with each word he spoke, his breath hit my neck.

"Huh?" I was confused for a second before realization dawned upon me. "Who? Me? I wasn't even thinking about that" I almost immediately contradicted as I turned around to look at him and he laughed.

Shit what did I just say? This is so embarrassing. I tried to turn around but he held me tight and pulled me closer, hiding me in his chest. "You don't need to feel embarrassed but if you ever do then hide your face in my chest."

I bit my inner lips. I was totally clueless but then shoving my face into his chest felt like the best option. I snuggled closer to him and rested my forehead on his chest.

I knew it was wrong but still it felt so right.

M A N I K

I knew she didn't wish to stay with me. She feared that I would get hurt. All this while and even till this date she blamed
herself for her father's doing.

But for me only she mattered. Even though being with her to some extent revived the painful memories of the past, but still only by being with her I could be happy. I love her and that's all. I loved her since the day I saw her in the woods. I know it sounds stupid but I fell in love at the first sight.

I pulled her closer and she snuggled her head more into my chest, making me smile.

Right then Cabir mind linked me.

"Alpha we found the reason behind all the attacks."

****

And I know this story is one hell of a messy story with a messier plot. Sigh!