15. Is this the end?

N A N D I N I

I hid behind a tree when I saw a huge pack of wolves in a clearing, ripping each others head.

"Abhi the war has started. The pack wolves are outnumbered. Haven't our wolves arrived yet?" I mindlinked Abhi.

"They just arrived. We will be there soon. Till then just observe the situation. Don't make a move." His voice rang in my head after a few moments.

"I'll try."

I had been observing each and every wolf from behind the tree. That was when my eyes spotted Manik in his wolf form, ripping the heads of the wolves and turning them into bloody piles of fur. I could feel my heart shiver just by looking at him.

Right then he looked towards my direction with his intense red eyes. I bet he smelled my scent. And right when he shifted his gaze, a huge wolf, probablt the Alpha of Blizzare clan, leaped forward and clawed him. My heart beat crashed against my chest.

I drew out my sword and ran towards his direction as I stabbed and slashed ever head that came on my way. I could see Manik struggling to get the wolf off him. I so wanted to help him but a few wolves had begun to circle me, growing one step nearer with each step they took.

This was getting on my nerves now. "You all spoiled my mood. So now you must also pay for it." I said, angrily as I kept my sword back in it's scabbard.

I streched out my hands towards the upward direction and chanted, "Ignis." Right then a huge ring of fire fell on the wolves that had circled me. Their painful growl hit my ears and I sighed. "You shouldn't have pissed me off."

I drew out my sword before jumping out of the fire and in one swift move I slashed the head of the wolf and his grip on Manik loosened. Manik then threw him away from him and he landed on the ground, howling and growling in pain. If it were some mere wolf then it wouldn't have survived my sword.

I looked at Manik and his red eyes had already been fixed to me. I saw a wolf a few metres away from Manik all ready to leap on him. I  pushed Manik away and stabbed a wolf before he could do anything.

I pulled out my sword from the wolf's body and right then a wolf clawed me from the back and I stumbled a few steps ahead before turning and slashing the head of the wolf.

"Nandini be careful." Abhi's voice hit my head and I looked to my right only to see him ripping the head of a wolf. They had arrived. "Now the real war begins."

With my swordfighting skill, I easily managed to defend as well as attack but at one point a wolf bit my hand and my grip on my sword loosened. I could feel my hand shake and the pain was unbearable. 

My sword dropped and right then two wolves leaped on me crushing me to the ground. I tried getting them off me but they were just too heavy and my injured hand wasn't helping either.

But I couldn't just give up. "Ignis" I chanted, focusing on my powers and a huge fireball pushed the wolves up in the air. They banged on the ground and with much difficulty I got up.

I was surrounded with wolves around me and I could feel immense pain in my hand. The wolves started to circle me.

But before they could attack me Manik jumped in between. The wolves turned claws and fangs on him and he ripped each one od their heads.

At one point two huge wolves leaped on him, crushing to him to the ground. By the aura I knew that they both were the rival pack's Alphas. This enraged me. I tried getting up but I failed miserably. But I couldn't give up, not so easily.

He was in danger and he needed me.

I closed my eyes focusing at all my powers all at once and when I opened my eyes, something felt different. I felt a strange kind of change within me.

"Ignis." I chanted as I got up on my feet with all my might and this time the fireball came out with much more force and in less than a second the two wolves who had leaped on my mate were on the ground, howling and moaning in pain.

It felt as if the pain in my hand had faded away. I picked up my sword from the ground and swung it in the air. "Mihi virtutem ignis." I chanted as I slashed the head of one of the Alpha. I could him howl in pain and the next moment his body caught fire and turned into a pile of ash.

As I did that I could feel my powers being sucked up. I felt a bit weak and stumbled backward. The other Alpha wolf leaped on me and pushed me. My back banged on a tree and I could feel my vision getting blurry.

I tried getting up but I couldn't. And all I knew was seeing the blurry image of Manik leaping on the wolf who had pushed me.

I breathed in heavily and smiled in pain as my pain increased.

A lone tear escaped my eyes. May be this is the end of me. Manik I am sorry for leaving you behind every single time.

Our stars were terribly crossed but if only our situations had been different may be we would have had our own fairytale.

*****

What do you think will they have their happily ever after or will they end up sadly? Do tell me.

And I just hope this update was worth reading.  I had a hard time writing this.