5• Why is it hurting?

It's been like a month since I last updated and I know that I owe you guys an explanation but I truly have nothing to say. *Hides behind a wall* Jutte chapal you can shower anything on me. And I am really very sorry.

And I won't be able to start without giving the cover credit of this beautiful cover to Nandinixxmanik I am still drooling over that cover.

N A N D I N I

Realising that the world I lived in was just a facade made me doubt my own existence. But I had no other option but to stay strong, for my brother and for my mum.

Dejected, I walked out of the room. My heart felt heavier and the stinging pain just wouldn't stop. As I walked out of the room into the corridor, I heard Abhi's voice from the other room.

"I don't need all this. Just who the hell are you all?"

I walked to the other room only to see him throwing everything and anything that he could reach. "Abhi." I called his name as I walked in and he stopped midway.

"Nandini." He plopped out of the bed and almost ran towards me, engulfing me in a bear hug. "Are you okay?"

I could feel a knot form in my chest then in my throat and my vision again became blurry but I blinked away my tears. I won't cry.

"I am okay." I said, gulping the lump.

"Nandini I am sorry I couldn't protect mum and dad." He said. His voice was low.

"Abhi mum is being treated in the other room and dad-" I stopped midways. I didn't know what to say. I was speechless. I hugged him tighter as I felt my eyes tearing up yet again.

He forcefully broke the hug and looked at me. "What about dad?"

I was speechless. He shook me gently and a lone tear escaped my eyes but I immediately wiped it away.

"Abhi I will tell you when the time comes." I met his gaze."For now you should rest and I assure they are all good people and Abhi-" I paused for a bit. "From now on this is our pack, the Blue Moon Pack."

"Nandini w-what do you mean?" He looked at me, confused.

"I will explain it to you when the time comes but please Abhi do something for me? Be loyal to this clan. We have a huge debt to pay to this clan."

"Debt?"

"Yea a debt which we wouldn't be able to clear even if we serve them for our whole lifetime. So please Abhi." I said as I looked down to the ground. We have to compensate for what our dad did.

It took all my willpower to hold back my tears but still a tear drop slipped down my eyes and I wiped it almost immediately. Crying would fix nothing.

He held my shoulder lightly and said,"I don't know what kind of debt you are talking about but I trust you. So mark my words I will be loyal to this clan and will serve it."

"Thank you."

"But remember that you owe me an explanation." He said before walking towards the bed.

"I will explain it to you after you heal completely. I promise." I said. "For now you take rest. I will-" I was cut in middle.

"Luna." I heard a voice from behind me. Luna I don't want this title. "The Alpha has returned from the war and he is seriously injured."

Hearing it my heart stinged and I didn't even realize when I ran out of that room to the other room. I opened the door of his room and there I saw his frail figure on the bed.

The pack doctor was checking him and I could see several injuries and bruises on his hand and chest. As soon as I entered the room, the doctor and one more person present in there bowed in front of me. "Luna."

The beeping sound of the machine reached my ear and the sight of him being connected to all those machines made my heart hurt even more.

"How is he?" I asked, trying my best to act calm but I failed miserably. I was panicking.

"He is seriously injured and Luna he might wake up but I think his-" The doctor stopped midway and took in a sharp breath.

"His what?" I asked.

"His body may be paralyzed because of the poison."

"Paralyzed? What do you mean? There must be some cure." My voice died.

"It can only be said when he wakes up." The doctor said.

Paralyzed. How did he land up in this situation? He is the Alpha and this clan needs him. If this news spread out, the clan will be in chaos.

"You two-" I stopped the staffs who were about to leave. "Don't let this news of Alpha spread out. If it does I will make sure none among you two survives." I warned them.

I could see the melancholy smile on the other person. "What is your name?" I asked him.

"I am Cabir, the beta of this pack." He said, bowing down his head in front of me. He is the second in command. I dismissed the doctor.

"Cabir could you please tell me what exactly had happened?"

"It was done by a group of rogues and the attack wouldn't have been so powerful if not for the involvement of the black and the silver wolf. The pure black and the pure silver wolf are very rare to find." Cabir tried explaining.

The black and the silver wolf. Something seems totally off.

"Is there any possibility of them attacking us again?" I asked.

"I don't think there is. The alpha attacked them and their conditions seemed worse. However we failed to capture them."

"Go and rest for now. Increase the security of the pack boundary." I said. I honestly had no idea as to what I should be doing or as to what I was doing. I just felt responsible for the pack. This mate thing is surely making me go crazy. Sigh!

I looked at him and the stinging pain just wouldn't stop. My heart pierced into pieces seeing that person and my vision became blurry as tears formed in my eyes.

I didn't even realized when tears started swaying down my eyes. Clutching my heart, I cried. "Why is it hurting?"

I could feel my hand shiver as I raised my hand to touch him. If it is meant to be this way then be it.

***

I know I don't deserve to say this but if you are there then please do drop your reviews and please do vote.

Love ya ❤