4• Rogues attack

N A N D I N I

"Do--n't do this." I could hear my mum's trembling voice. She was lying in a pool of blood. Her face and hand covered with red blood.

I clenched my fist, trying hard to not zone out and concentrate on entering her mind.

"I am sorry. This is the only option I have." This time I heard my dad. He stood there right beside mum with a blood filled hand and knife in his hand. "If I keep you alive, Nandini will know the truth about me and I can't let that happen. I still need her for something." And my dad lifted the knife to stab mum but right then a huge wolf leaped on him.

And before I knew anything else I was engulfed by darkness.

"Mum." I shouted, hyperventilating as I got up with a jerk.

What did I just see?

N-no this can't be true. Dad can't hurt mum. He can't do that. I buried my face into my palm and tried to console myself.

But nothing helped because everything I saw felt so real. I tried hard not to cry but I couldn't hold back the tears. A drop of tear rolled down my eyes and rest followed in an unbroken stream.

M A N I K

I leaned against the door as I heard the muffled sound of her sobs from inside the room. Unlike the last time I didn't go and hold her. I just couldn't gather the strength to do that. My mind was jumbled with a lot of thoughts.

Leaving her alone, I walked away half hearted.

"Go and hold her. She needs a shoulder to cry, to let it all out." M said rather ordered.

I forcefully blocked him as I walked across the corridor and into my study room. I sat on my chair, totally frustrated with all the happenings.

Why did you have to be his daughter?

It was already hard for me and now you make it even more harder.

I tried keeping the past away and I really tried to accept you as my mate but then I don't think it's that easier.

How can moon goddess be this cruel towards me?

My mate was the daughter of Raj Murthy who was the ex beta of our clan and moreover he was the murderer of my dad.

I chuckled although in pain seeing my own fate. I reclined on my chair and let out a deep sigh.

"Alpha there has been an attack in the west boundary." Cabir mind linked me.

The situation can't get more worse than this.

"Immediately send the back up force there and strengthen the security of the other three borders too." I ordered.

"I will do as planned Alpha." Cabir said and we cut off the mind link.

I need to go myself to check on the border. The scenario might be worse than I have imagined. Shifting in my wolf form, I jumped off the window and ran deep into the woods towards the west boundary.

As I neared towards the west boundary, I could hear the painful growls of the wolves and I could smell the strong scent of blood.

I saw around fifty wolves in a clearing, ripping each others head. Just by their smell I knew they were just a pack of rogues.

Sigh! How dare a pack of twenty to thirty rogues attack my pack?

"Do they think that they stand a chance against us?"M sneered.

My anger had already reached it's peak. I let out a growl and I could see everyone's eyes turn towards me. You rogues would pay for this.

I leaped upon a wolf near meme, tearing it apart with my sharp claws. I ripped off the head of another wolf. One more wolf took a menacing step forward, all ready to claw me but I ripped his head apart.

"The additional army of rogues have arrived." Someone mind linked.

I spared a glance to the left as I ripped the head of a wolf. More wolves had arrived and now our wolves were outnumbered.

"Cabir where's the backup army?" I mind linked as I fought with the wolves, ripping and tearing them apart.

"Alpha we are almost there." Cabir mind linked.

The wolves turned claws and fangs on me and I fought with each of them, turning them into bloody piles of fur. But the wolves were not ready to give up. They were so huge in number. I kept ripping their heads, clawing them, biting them.

At one point two huge wolves leaped on me, crushing to me to the ground. I howled as I struggled to throw them away. They strangulate my neck even harder, pressing it more. In between the struggle my eyes met theirs and those two pair of eyes felt extremely similar.

With all my strength, I managed to throw both the black and the silver wolf away. I was badly injured. "Sana" (heal in Latin) I mumbled under my breath but before I could heal both the wolves attacked again at the same time and I was thrown aback. My back hit the tree and I growled in pain

They howled in satisfaction hearing my painful growl but I wasn't someone to give up so easily.

"You asked for it. So brace yourself." I growled, giving my control to my wolf, M. I could feel my fangs sharpening and my eye color changing to venom red.

M

I looked at them and let out a warning growl. They leaped on me yet again but this time I dodged them both and they both landed on the ground. "Sana." I mumbled and in a split of second, to some extent I did heal but not completely.

The two wolves backed away and dropped low to the ground as they growled viscously. They began circling me. Before they could make a move, I leaped on the white wolf, biting it on it's neck, piercing my teeth deeper into it's neck. He howled. Now try and escape from my poison.

The silver one pounced on me from back but I moved right on time and he ended up hurting his own ally. I leaped on him and dug my claws right on his chest, severely injuring him. He howled in pain.

Someone attacked me from the back. "Coward." I turned around, howling. I ripped off the head of that rogue. I looked around, finally I could see the situation under control. Our back up army had arrived.

Right then I felt a piercing pain in my back and I dropped to the ground. It was the silver wolf who had dare to dig his claws on me. I stood up with all my strength and attacked him. He was thrown to the ground by me. Before I could hit him again, I was attacked again by another rogue.

I ripped their head apart. My vision blurred and I stumbled a bit and before I knew I was back to my human form.

Darkness surrounded me and the only thought that crossed my mind before I lost it completely was of her.