1• Who are you?

N A N D I N I

Holding onto my gun tightly, I looked towards the direction from where the howling sound had been coming.

"Hang in there Nandini." I said to myself as I moved deeper into the woods. As I got deeper and deeper into the forest, it seemed even more darker and I found the trees getting bigger and bigger.

Fear gripped my heart as the howling sound grew louder but turning back wasn't an option.

I had to save my family even if it cost my life. My dad was a werewolf and my mom was a human. Due to the differences, they couldn't unite in their clan. So they left the forest and lived in the human world.

My elder brother, Abhimanyu turned out to be a werewolf and about me I still don't know what I am. I am turning 20 next month and yet I haven't shifted but the strange thing is that I can mind link with my family members and I have some strange abilities.

"Nandini run they are coming after you." Right then Abhi mind linked. "They will kill you too. Run."

"Abhi- Abhi." I tried mind linking but nothing came in response.

My concentration was broken when I heard growls of wolf and I could hear the rustling of leaves. I stood there frozen. There was no point in running. They would catch me anyway.

I looked at my gun and I had six bullets. Damn I should have been well prepared.

I looked around trying to think of each and every possible solution.

"Focus and believe." Dad's word hit my brain.

Stuffing my gun into my waistband, I concentrated all my attention on my powers.

"Ignis." I chanted when a huge wolf leaped on me and a huge fireball hit the wolf just in time before it could shred me into two pieces.

I could control fire, it was one of my strange ability but well I sucked at using my powers.

Right then I heard the other wolves howl. "Ignis" Once again I chanted, focusing on my powers and a huge ring of fire fell on two of the wolves but eventually the trees near by also caught fire. Shit!

I was soon surrounded by howling wolves and I could feel fear overpowering my senses.

"Focus and believe." I reminded myself, trying my best to stay calm. I once again focused all my attention on my powers and threw my hand up in the air. But the impact of my power was so strong that I was thrown aback and my back hit the tree.

A soft wail escaped my lips and I felt as though I had no energy left within me. But still I didn't give up. I just couldn't. I somehow managed to stand up with the support of the tree but seconds later my vision blurred and my feet gave up.

And as far as I remember I was engulfed in someone's warmth.

"Mine and only mine."

I wasn't sure if I heard it right but it felt strange. And before I could comprehend anything else, everything blacked out.

Half an hour later

M A N I K

I looked at the sleeping figure of my mate and as I kept looking at her, I couldn't help but admire her. Slowly tracing my fingers down her cheeks, I reached her lips, which were slightly parted.

"Her every inch is so inviting." M, my wolf howled.

"I know." I agreed as I caressed her lips gently with my thumb. "But she has this different aura, aura of humans."

"But how can a human be our mate?" I could feel the frustration level building on the back of my head. "And did you see she is elemental? A normal human can't have such powers."

"What is she? Who is she? And why is she here in our pack?"

I immediately blocked him when I saw
her eyes battling to open and she did open her eyes but closed it again, probably due to the streak of light. It took her a few moments to adjust to the falling light and when she did, she looked around.

She immediately realized the unfamiliar surrounding, making her face scrunch in worry. She sat up in a jiffy. "Who are you? And where's my mum and dad?"

Mum? Dad?

"What do you mean?" I asked, confused.

She looked at me for a brief second but it looked as though she was looking through me and not at me. She let out a gasp. "You killed them. You-" She couldn't even complete her words as she collapsed.

"Hey hey-" I shook her a bit but she had already lost her consciousness. Sigh!

I gently adjusted her position and adjusted the duvet on her before mind linking Cabir, the beta of our clan to send the pack doctor.

"Alpha we have settled his matter once and for all." Cabir added.

"And what about their son?" I asked.

"He is under observation right now." Cabir said.

Finally I could breath in peace. I looked at my mate and gently tugged her hair behind her ear which were obstructing my view.

"She is so beautiful. I hate to see her like this." M said.

"She sure is." I admitted. "But what did she mean by I killed them?"

"Her mum and dad?" He was confused too.

But that was when realization dawned upon me. Did she mean Raj Murthy?

***
And please do drop a comment and don't forget to vote.

Love ya ❤