16. Insecurities

Sorry to have kept you all waiting. I am really really sorry. This won't happen again.

N A N D I N I

"Nandini you hear me? Nandini." A voice hit my ears. The voice was meek and low at least that's how it sounded to me. I tried opening my eyes but all I saw was a blurry image.

"Call the doctor. Fast." I heard him shout in a panic stricken tone. This time his voice sounded clearer to me.

"Manik." I tried calling him but my vocal chords betrayed me. I blinked my eyes couple of times and slowly my vision cleared.

"Luna can you hear me?" The doctor waved her hand infront of me as I tried my best to keep my eyes open.

My whole body felt heavy and I could feel unbearable pain, especially in my hand. I tried nodding my head to the doctor's question and I did suceed too but my neck hurt.

I felt weak.

For the next few hours my eyes were open but I could neither speak nor move. I felt paralysed but slowly I was able to move my body.
The whole time Manik sat beside me holding my hand and looking at me with sadness crystal clear in his eyes and I did the same.

All we had in between us was silence and yet the silence didn't feel awkward, if you know what I mean.

"Manik I am sorry." My voice finally surfaced.

"Sshhh Nandini just take rest." He said as he slowly traced my knuckles. "And why are you sorry? You shouldn't be. In fact I am proud of you. Our whole pack is proud of you." He said. "But do you know how scared I was? You were unconscious for one whole month. I thought I would lose you." His voice became lower and lower with every word he spoke out.

I held his hand and smiled weakly. "I am sorry for scaring you."

"Nandini just take rest." He said and I nodded my head slowly as I closed my eyes.

For the next few weeks I couldn't even stand up. But slowly I regained my strength and I began walking around. Manik never left my side not even for once. He hovered around me as if I were a flower and he was a bee. I liked his presence around me but I was even sad because with time he had grown insecure towards me.

"Manik don't you have any work?" I said as I leaned on the headboard as I ran my hand through his already messy hair. He had been resting his head on my lap and staring at my face for almost an hour now.

"I do and I am doing it right now." He said.

"You are just staring at my face right now." I said.

"That's an important work too. I don't know when you might dissappear? So let me capture you in my eyes till the time I can."

"Manik I am not leaving."

He smiled melancholy as he stared at my face. "I do want to trust your words so badly but I don't think I will be able to do that at least not now."

"Manik what should I do to make you trust my words?"

"Nothing just stay in front of my eyes."

He was insecure and it was all because of me. I left him a year ago and I agree I was a fool to do that. I kept on running away and he kept on chasing me.

All these years he was the one holding me back. If he had let go of me then may be our relationship would have ended. And I knew he knew that too and may be that was why he held onto me so tightly.

"Manik I love you." I said.

"I love you too." He said with a small smile. I bent down pecked his forehead.

"I love you so much that if needed I can let go off you." I said and sighed. "But Manik wherever I will be, only you will be in my heart and no one else."

"And that's what scares me, you not being around me." He said as he sat upright, facing me.

"Manik I can't promise to stay with you forever. Those kind of promises are all lies. But I promise I won't run away from myself and my feelings anymore. Till the time favors I will stay with you." I said as I held his hand.

"Nandini do you know what scares me even more? Knowing that any moment could be our last moment together."

"That's why let's cherish each and every moment that we spent together." I bent towards him and embraced him. He hugged me back as he enhaled my scent.

Happy endings were all lies. I knew he knew that too.

"Do you want to go on a date with me?" I asked as I shifted closer to him, still hugging him.

I could feel him nod his head.

****
I hope you loved the update.

Fingers crossed. Sorry to have kept you waiting and thank you to all those who are still there. Thank you.

Love ya ❤