9• His vulnerable side

M A N I K

"Your eyes changed into venom red. Isn't red generally the color of vampires?" She asked and I could feel a knot form in my chest. I fell silent for a second but this was something she had to know.

"It sure is and I am not a normal werewolf. I am an experiment." I chuckled although in pain.

"Experiment?" She was confused.

"The reason of my existence isn't so simple Nandini." I gently stroked her cheek. "When I was in my mom's womb, the elders ran an experiment on my mom. They-" My voice became lower and lower as I began and at one point my voice died in my throat.

"You don't need to tell-" She started but I cut her in middle. She needed to know about my existence.

"They injected her with a syringe containing the DNA of both vampires and werewolf. Then my mom lost control on herself. She attacked one of the elders and killed him right on spot. With much effort she was captured and she had to intake high dozes of seductive every hour to calm herself down. She even tried to kill me several times when I was inside her womb but the reaction of the chemicals had grown so strong that nothing harmed me. She unwilling gave birth to me and she never acknowledged me as her son. I was always a monster for her and I still am a monster for her."

I could feel a huge lump forming on my throat and I tried hard not to break down in front of her but a lone tear fell down my eyes.

Nandini gently patted my back and pulled me closer as she hid me in her embrace. And drop by drop I let my tears flow. In years I hadn't broken down in front of anyone. I hadn't let anyone in but unknowingly I let her in. I showed my vulnerable side to her because it had to be her and no one else.

"My mom never loved me. My dad was always busy carrying out his duties which didn't include me. The elders are scared of me and I was never loved. Nandini all my life I have craved for love. Can't you just love me back?" My voice cracked.

It was suffocating for me from the start. No one had ever loved me. They were all busy in their own life and they never, for once, regarded me as a part of their life.

I raised my head a bit to look at her and she had already been looking at me with her tears filled eyes. "I am sorry." Her voice was low.

"I sincerely love you Nandini and I can't let you go."

I could see tears flowing down her eyes and it was the same with me.

"Manik you will only get hurt if I stay. I am such a girl who even doesn't know the reason of her own existence." Her voice was hoarse. I pulled her closer to me and she buried her face into my chest.

"I will be the reason of your existence. So please stay with me." I tried making her understand. Without her I would be left alone yet again and I didn't want that.

She said nothing. She just cried her heart out and I held her close to me.

"Alpha rogues made a move. This time they have attacked our north and south boundary." Cabir mind linked me and that irked me.

They just attacked us the day before yesterday and they attacked again. What do they want? And how can their attack be so powerful.

"Reach the north boundary immediately with additional troops and send the back up army to the south boundary. I will handle the south boundary." I mind linked.

I looked at Nandini and she still had been crying as she clung to me. "Nandini there has been an attack and I need to go." I said as I slowly patted her head. She looked up at me as she wiped her tears.

"You still haven't healed completely." She said, hiccupping.

"I will be fine." I said as I tried moving my legs but I couldn't move. It only hurt. I slowly let her go and sat upright. I tried moving my legs again but it didn't work.

"Manik I will go in place of you." She said as she got up, wiping her tears.

"Nandini you won't go." She would get hurt.

"Manik trust me. I can do this. I know I can't control my powers properly but then if I try I know I can." She said in a determined tone. Her face looked pale and her eyes looked bulgy with all the crying but still I could clearly see the fierceness in her eyes.

"Okay go. The south boundary of the pack."

"You can't let her go in the war zone." M contradicted.

"If it's her, I trust her."

N A N D I N I

I misunderstood him. I was so much blinded by my own sadness that I failed to see how vulnerable he was from inside. When he opened up to me, I was left in tears. I couldn't help.

He craved for love and all he got in return was hate and piles of duty on his shoulder. It made me sad but when he asked me to stay, I wanted to tell him I couldn't stay with him but not a word came out from my lips and all I did was cry.

He had his own side of story and I had my own. Both our life were tragic in it's own way and I knew I shouldn't butt in his business and yet when I heard about the war I couldn't help myself.

That moment I knew it wasn't just because of this mating thing that was in between us, there was something else which was bringing us closer. It was my heart.

****

You guys might think they are overreacting but then they have their own side of stories, their own reasons and their own tragedies. Just try putting yourself in their shoes and you will realize how painful it is.
And I know the story is progressing slowly but then it's needed for now. Sorry if I was unable to meet your expectations.