7• Falling for you

M A N I K

I was enthralled and shook by her alluring scent. My wolf was pouncing with joy, as I breathed it. I tried fluttering my eyes open but the streaks of light fell on my eyes, making it difficult for me to open my eyes. After a moment or few, I battled my lashes completely and opened my eyes only to see her innocent face.

"She looks so innocent while sleeping." My wolf, M said.

"But when she wakes up she is no less than a time bomb." I sighed.

"She is our mate after all."

"But she won't accept us and you know right she is the daughter of Raj Murthy, the person who murdered my dad."

"But she and her dad are two different persons and that doesn't change the fact that she is our mate." M said.

"Why does my life has to be so complicated?" I was frustrated.

"Manik-"

Before he could complete I blocked him. "For me, you are only you but still it hurts." I stretched my hand to touch her and that was when I saw my bandaged hand. Sigh!

I touched her cheek and when my skin came in contact with hers, I was shocked. I touched her other cheek, arms and forehead. Oh my!! Her whole body was burning.

She was sick. I immediately sat upright and tried moving my legs but I couldn't. It hurt. "Why can't I move my legs?" I tried again but I couldn't. I could feel my legs but I just couldn't move it.

To top it all her body temperature wasn't normal.

"Cabir." I tried mind linking but it didn't work.

My body was probably weak to endure and control my powers. I tried hard to move my leg but all my efforts went to vain.

"Manik give me the control. May be I will be able to endure it." M said.

I closed my eyes and tried giving him the control but it didn't work. I was still me.

"What's happening? I am not able to give you the control."

"Manik we can do this. We have to help our mate. Try again."

I focused all my attention on shifting but it didn't work. Sigh! I looked at her sleeping figure and I felt so helpless.

But I couldn't just give up. With all the strength left within me I tried getting out of the bed and I did succeed to but I fell down on the ground, smashing the glass jug kept on the bed side table.

"Issshh." I waited in pain when the glass piece pierced into my palm and blood oozed out from my already injured hand.

Right then I heard the door click. I turned to look at the door and I saw Navya standing on the doorstep with worry written all over her face.

"Alpha." She immediately rushed to me and helped me get up. In the meantime Cabir and the pack doctor too arrived.

"Her body temperature isn't normal. Check her fast." I was hell worried.

Maria, the pack doctor checked her pulses and ran a few test on her."Alpha her vitals and pulses are normal."

"Then why is her temperature so abnormal?"

"Luna used her healing powers to heal you. Could it be it's side effect?" Navya said, worried.

She healed me.

She took my pain.

She was suffering because of me.

A knot formed in my chest then on my throat. I was speechless. I closed my eyes and fisted my fist, totally frustrated.

"I-I am sorry." I could figure out that Navya had been crying.

"Navya it's not your fault." I heard Cabir. Sigh!

"Navya don't blame yourself. And Cabir take her to the room. She needs rest." I said.

He nodded and left with Navya. Meanwhile Maria pierced an injection into Nandini's soft skin.

"Alpha I have given her the injection and hopefully she would gain back her conscious in four to five hours."

She then bandaged my hands and ran a few tests on me. "There is nothing serious Alpha. You will regain your strength very soon." She said as she pierced an injection on my skin.

"Okay you may leave." I said and she bowed down before leaving.

Life just took a drastic turn for me. Before she came into my life, no one ever invaded my personal space. But after I met her, the rogues resurfaced. I witnessed her special abilities and power. I met my dad's murderer and to top it all I met those two rare pure silver and pure black wolf.

But I couldn't deny the fact that she was one hell of a fierce girl. I looked at her sleeping face.

"Why are you so confusing? I thought you didn't care. I thought you didn't want me in your life. But now I am unable to comprehend my own thoughts. Why did you heal me Nandini? Why?" I stretched out my hand and gently stroked her cheek. " I don't know why you did that. But right now I really hate the fact that you are in this situation because of me."

I could feel my heart getting heavier with each word I spoke and I felt so helpless. I slowly laid down beside her and stared at her angelic face as I gently stroked her cheek.

"I really hate to admit this but I think I am falling for you."

****

I really don't know how the chapter is? I just hope it was worth reading. And thanks for patiently waiting and for showering so much love on me.