Chapter 17: Moving in together

©️2019 Tiffany Leal All rights Reversed

[Rachel]

"Will you marry me?"

I was in shock, trying to process what is happening. Carson is on his knee with an diamond ring in his hand. Carson Hartnell is asking me to marry him. I love him but this is a huge thing. But when you love someone, sometimes you need to have faith that it will work out and that's what I'm going to do.

"Carson," I said, my voice cracking, I wasn't sure why I was crying, "of course I will marry you."

He got off of his knee, slipped the ring on my left finger, he grabbed my waist and pulled me closer to him, "I love you."

"I love you too," we sealed it with a kiss, this is one of the best days of my life, I'm going  to be marrying the love of my life. I love Carson so much. But I also know the road to the wedding was going to be one hell of a ride but one that I'm totally looking forward to.

~*~

[A few months later]

Carson and I have talked about it and we made a scary but faithful decision to pack our life up in Pennsylvania and move to Texas and start our life there. I've cut ties with my family, specific my mom and Greg.

They are not involved in our life, physically, mentally, emotionally, or financially. I don't need their help, I have a job at a local hair salon that pays really well.

So that's that. I have the money shit figured out. And I have a savings account that has at least 1.5 million dollars in it that my mom and I have been saving for anything I wanted since I was born.

So we're on our feet financially. We just bought our house an month ago, and I love it. Most of my really great friends live in Texas, but Carson has nobody in Texas. So it's going to be tough for him. Yesterday we just finished packing, and we're driving to Texas, to unpack all our stuff. I'm so excited to live on my own with Carson

We're eighteen so it's legally. But I want to tell my mom and Greg about this regardless because after everything that has happened, I don't want to piss her off or anything. It's the last thing I want to do.

A week ago, we told Carson's mom and she was so happy for us, which made me extremely happy because with all the drama with my mom, I think of Carson's mom as my second mom. She is so nice to me.

We were standing in the kitchen, unpacking the kitchen stuff. I love this house, it's so beautiful.

"Carson," I said, putting a cup away," How are you feeling about Texas? I know this is a huge change for you."

"Rachel, honestly, I'm excited to live with you but I have no school, no job and no friends."

"Carson, that's why you get your resumé and put it in different places, you need to join clubs and make friends. I know this is hard for you but Carson, it's your responsibility."

"Rachel, you have your life here, even when you moved to Pennsylvania, you had your life here to come back to. I have fuck all!"

"And that's my problem!?"

"Yes it is because you just told me we're moving to Texas without asking me my opinion!"

"Carson! You said you were fine with it! Why are you getting all bent out of shape?"

"Because you are acting like it's easy to make friends which it is not!"

"Carson, you can join teams and make friends that way! And by the way, I'm not acting like it's easy to make friends."