Chapter 4: Jersey

©️2019 Tiffany Leal All rights Reversed

[Rachel]
Today was game day and I was so excited. I was sitting on my bed while Sarah was going through my closet. When I told her about this football game. She told me she was coming over to help me pick out what I was going to wear.

Which at first I was mad but then I was relieved because she knows a lot more about fashion than I do. Her reaction when I told her was better than I expected she told me she was excited for me.

It was shocking because Sarah has had a massive crush on Carson for the longest time, and I was scared that we would be fighting over a boy.

But to find out she was happy, I have to it was relieve. I was terrified that a boy would tear us apart. Sarah was going through my closet. I was sitting on my bed with my legs stretched out in front of me. Sarah turned around and she was holding a Riverside Bears Jersey. It had Woods written on the back, with the number 10 on the back.

"Here try this." Sarah told me, handing me the jersey. I took the jersey and went over to her mirror, and put on the jersey. It went down to my thighs. I looked at myself in the mirror. The jersey was definitely big for me but it looked fine. I turned around to look at Sarah and she had a huge smile on her face.

"It looks great, R." She looked so happy.

"I don't know Sarah, what if he hates it? After all it's your ex boyfriend's jersey." I told her this jersey belonged to Sarah's ex boyfriend Ben. Ben was 2 years older then her and they were together for 1 and half. They broke up because he cheated on her. Ben transferred schools. But Sarah just couldn't let her ex boyfriend's jersey go. I gave up a long time ago, trying to convince her to let this jersey go.

"Rachel, it'll be fine. Carson didn't even know Ben. He won't know." Sarah said, and I finally just decided to go along with it, not wanting to argue anymore. I knew I would spend the whole night watching the game and not really knowing what is going on. But if Carson wants me there, I'll go and be there to support him.

"Okay, I trust you." I told straightening myself out. It was 8:20, Carson would here in 10 minutes. The closer it gets to 8:30, the more excited I get.

"Rach, you are honestly the most luckiest girl on god good earth right now." Sarah told me, she was smiling. I smiled back at her before saying.
"I know Sarah. You have only told me that a couple thousand times." I told her, smiling back at her. We spent the last 10 minutes talking while I waited for Carson to pick me up.

——————
[Carson]
"Mom, I'm heading out!" I yelled as I made my way downstairs to the kitchen. Today was my game and Rachel was going to watch and I was excited. I have had a crush on this girl and she is coming to my game! This was very exciting.

I reached the kitchen, and my mom was sitting there, reading a magazine.

"Mom," I said, and she looked up from her magazine, and I could see the hurt in her eyes.

"I'm going to go now." I told her and she forced a smile.

"Be safe Carson."

"I'm always am."

"You're father is working late." She said, her voice was filled with hurt. We both know that he is not working late, he is off with another woman sleeping with her.

My father has not been home in a week and half. He keeps on coming back and leaving. My mom keeps on forgiving him, I've begged her countless times to get a divorce but she keeps on loving him. Why she does? I have no idea, it's beyond me. It pains me to see my mom like this. But I had to push those thoughts aside because I was to go and pick Rachel up in 10 minutes. So I had to hurry, I didn't want to make my girl waiting. I kissed my mom on the forehead, and I started to make my way to Rachel's house.
——————-
I was standing on her doorstep, I ringed her doorbell. Waiting for her to open the door, my heart was beating so fed the and it felt as if it could jump out of my chest at any moment. I told my heart to calm the fuck down but it didn't listen. I just hope Rachel wouldn't hear my heart.