Chapter 18: Getting closure

©️2019TiffanyLealAllrightsrevesed

This chapter contains mature subject matter like: Selfharm, suicide.

I stared at my mom, searching her face for her reaction, and I couldn't tell if she was happy or pissed.

"W-what!?" My mom said, after a few minutes of silence.

"Mom, Carson proposed to me and now we're engaged!"

"Rachel, w-what! You can't get married, you're still a kid!"

"Mom, I'm eighteen!" I was flabbergasted at my mom, I'm eighteen, so I can do whatever the hell I want to.

"Honey, you-"

"Mom, I'm moving out, end of discussion."

"You can't just move out!" Mom says, raising her voice. I knew she was mad but I didn't give a flying fuck.

"Yes, yes, I can mom. You see mom, I'm an adult, so it's legal. And before you ask why I'm telling you. Mom, I'll tell you why, I thought you would want to celebrate your baby growing up, getting married, and moving out."

"Rachel, you are still a kid!"

"Mom, I'm an adult!"

"Honey, you are still in high-school. Just stop and think about the best thing for you, honey, please."

"Mom, we're getting married, starting a new life is the best thing for us. You don't need to like this but you should respect it and love me because I'm your daughter."

"Honey, you move out and Greg and I will not support you financially."

"Okay, that fine."

"Rachel, how are you going to support yourself financially?"

"Mom, I have 1.3 million in a savings account and Carson put some money in that account, and I already have a job in Texas. We will be fine."

"Honey, you need to really think this one through. Are you sure this is the best option for you?"

"Yes mom, the only reason we are moving to Texas beside us getting married is because Carson and I are so sick of you, Greg, Josh, Sarah and the whole school telling us that we are making a big mistake. We are so sick of everyone telling us we shouldn't be getting married, it's our life. It's legal since we are both eighteen. So are you going to support us or not?"

"No, no Rachel, we're not."

"Fine mom, see you." I walked out. I'm so sick of everyone telling us we shouldn't be getting married, it's just very irritating, we are two people in love but yet it has caused so much drama, and at this point, I'm done, it's just done. I'm not doing this anymore.

~*~

[Rachel]

Even though we already moved into a house, it's way too pricy, so we decided that we are going to look for a new house. So today we are going house-hunting. I think we need to look for a cheaper house, so we are looking for a house in Dallas, Texas. I've always loved Dallas, so that's where I want to live with my soon-to-be husband.

Carson and I have decided to get married in three months because we have been together for so long and we both feel like we shouldn't wait so long. It is July, and we're getting married in September. So we have a lot of work to do but first of all we have to move into a house. We hired a real Estate Agent and we're meeting her today. We pulled up to a house and she was standing there. We got out of the car amd we went up to her.