Chapter 7: More secrets are revealed

©️2019 Tiffany Leal All rights Reversed

[Rachel]
I was in shock at what Josh just told me. Carson slept with Elizabeth, the one who cheats on him all the time. What the hell!? I was not expecting that!

"What!? He slept with Elizabeth! As in Elizabeth who cheats on you all the Elizabeth. Josh, explain." I told him, he looked down for a few moment, and I could tell he was ashamed. It broke my heart.

Josh and Elizabeth broke up a couple months ago, Josh never told me why. Every time I ask him about it, he clamps up. He is heartbroken still over it, he really loves her but I don't think she loves him. I think she is just using him.

"Rachel, I'll explain it to you but I don't want you to say a word until I'm finished, okay?"

"Okay Josh." I said, not wanting to keep quiet but if it meant finding out the real reason why Josh and Elizabeth broke up. I'll keep my mouth shut. He took a deep breath.

"Rachel, when we got together 6 months ago, everything was going fine, I forgive her for cheating on me. We were going on dates, laughing, having a good time.

But than 5 months in, I took her to a party, and I lost her. But I didn't think too much of it, I just thought she had found one of her girlfriends. So I decided to leave it alone.

Than a week later, I started to notice Carson was acting strange around her. I couldn't figure out why. So I confronted her about it, she said, there was nothing to worry about.

But I could tell something was wrong, I knew when she was lying. So I confronted Carson about it, he kept denying it. So I went to her friends, and they said there was nothing, and so did Carson's friends. But I knew something was up. I just knew it.

I knew she was cheating on me, she acts like a certain way when she is cheating on me. And she was acting that way.

So I decided one day, to show up at her house unexpectedly, unannounced, hoping to find out what is going on. I walked into her house and as I was going up to her room, I heard "Ohhh Harder! Carson!"

Right than, I knew she was cheating on me with Carson. I was so angry. I burst through the door, and I saw my girlfriend having sex with my best friend. I was so mad.

I yelled at him, and I slapped him. And I told Elizabeth if she shows up at my house, I would call the cops. I was furious, hurt, and I felt like my world shattered into a million pieces. I didn't tell you because I didn't want you to say I told you so! I couldn't deal with it. I'm sorry I lied but I just couldn't deal with it."

By the end Josh was in tears. I was shocked, and I hurt for him because I know how it feels to be cheated on. So I pulled him into a hug.

Even though you might not get along with your brother or sister, when the chips are down, you're there for them, no matter what. Family is the most important thing in the world. My family means the world to me.

"Josh, shhh. It's okay, don't apologize, I get it." He pulled away, and wiped the tears from his eyes. There has only been a handful of times that I have seen my brother cry.

"I would have never said I told you so. Josh, you're my brother, and I love you. I'll always be there for you, no matter what." I said, hoping he hears the love and support in my voice.

"I love you too. I was just scared. I love her so much. But Rachel, I'm so sorry about everything that has happened in the last few weeks with Carson, punching him."

"Josh, it's okay."

"No, it's not okay. You should be able to like whoever you want without worrying about me and what I'm saying."