Chapter 2: Calm

©️2019 Tiffany Leal All rights Reversed

[Rachel]
It's been a few days since Carson walked me to class and I'm still on top of the world. Sarah is still in the dark about what happened with Carson. And I was going to tell her today.

It was Saturday, two days until I could see Carson. He has been wanting to have lunch with me everyday, and I do. We have been getting to know each other more and more. And I love it because I have dreamed about this happening to me and my dreams have been being true. I love it.

I reached into my pocket and I decided I would invite Sarah over, and tell her what is happening. Sarah and I go to the same school, but her family have been on vacation since Tuesday, and now they're back. So there is no way she would know what is happening. I punched in her phone number and it rang 2 times before she picked up.

"Hello?" Sarah said, her voice sounded like she just woke up. It was 10:30 in the morning, so it was odd that she sounded like that. She is usually up early, she is a morning person. So the fact that she slept in, I knew something was wrong.

"Hi Sarah, how are you?" I said, hoping she would want to come over and talk.

"I'm okay, what's up?" Sarah said, her voice sounded groggy.

"Can you come over? I need to talk to you." I said, worried about might have happened to her on vacation.

"Really? Something happened while I was away?" I heard a bed squeak in the background, and I thought maybe she either has someone over or she sat up. Whatever it was, I wanted to know.

"Yup, actually a lot of things. Please come over and we can actually go out for lunch some food." I said, my mom wasn't home but I didn't want her to come home question here this. Nor did I want my brother to hear this. They would murder me.

"Okay, I'll be over in 25 minutes."

"K, bye." I hung up my phone, shoved it into my pocket, I jumped off my bed. I grabbed my purse and started to make my way to downstairs. But as I walked, all I could think about is Sarah and why her voice sounded weird.

As her best friend, I just know something is wrong. And I really wanted to know what is wrong. It was really killing me because Sarah is usually the kind of person who is happy, upbeat, and just overall a very happy person. So this was so out of character for her.

~*~
25 minutes later
"Hey you!" I said, as I opened the door to let Sarah in. She leaned in and gave me a quick hug.

"Hey, how are you?" Sarah said, in a upbeat happy voice which I found weird because now she sounds happy. So maybe nothing is wrong and it was just her morning voice. I decided to push that thought

"Good, you?"

"I'm great!"

"Shall we go?" I asked her and she nodded. Sarah drove to a restaurant, I still haven't got a license, I've just been really busy with my life. I really don't have the time.

~*~
We arrived at the restaurant, we were going to this pizza restaurant call Triple P, I love it. It is probably the best place to get pizza. We were sitting in a booth, waiting to order.

"So Sarah, how was your vacation?" I said, I really wanted to know if Sarah had a good vacation, if she had fun, if she saw anything exciting, who she met, if she met anyone special, a new boy? I wanted all the details if that was true.

"Good, it was much needed."

"Anything happen? Met anyone?" I said, smiling. Wanting to know if she did meet someone. Sarah is one of those people who has a million crushes. So I wouldn't be the least surprised.