024

Jungkook flipped the papers on his desks and read the letters that was given to him and the contracts that he was supposed to sign. He sighed as work would always succeed in making him tired and frustrated. However, he did not have much difficulty handling their company, for besides his excellence in Math, Communications, Business and Administrations, his father was there to guide him.

He massaged his temples and looked at the clock; it was 12 noon.

I'll just have lunch later;I'll finish this first.

Then, the phone on his office rung and he quickly answered it, "Ms. Im, I'm busy right now; whoever is calling, tell them to call later."

He was about to end the call but the other end then said, "Dad."

He smiled upon hearing the girl's soft, lovely and cheerful voice. He replied, "Oh, Hana."

"Dad, did you eat lunch?"

The little girl's voice always felt warm. It eased all of his fatigue and worries away.

"I'm afraid, not yet," he answered honestly.

"Why? You should eat. Skipping meals is a no-no!" Hana complained, "Dad should not fall sick."

Jungkook chuckled, "I know. I know."

Then, he also heard the little girl chuckle from the other line before she said, "Dad, come on out. Let's eat lunch."

Jungkook then stood up and approached the door with the phone still in his hands. He slowly opened the door and found the little girl sitting on a chair.

He watched as the girl continued exclaiming, "Mom and I brought lunch for you!"

He beamed as he saw the phone in between the little girl and his wife's faces. He replied, "Hmmmm. I can see that."

"Oh!" Hana exclaimed as she released the phone from her hand and gave it to her mom. She ran towards Jungkook as she exclaimed, "Dad!"

Jungkook was greeted by Hana's hug and he gladly carried the girl in his arms.

Dahyun smiled at the sight and hung the phone.

Upon doing so, Jungkook told Hana, "Oh, your mom ended the call. I think she does not want to talk to me anymore."

"Really?" the innocent girl asked before turning to Dahyun, "Is that right Mom?"

"No," Dahyun pouted as she walked towards the two. She beamed as she replied, "I just want to hear your dad's voice in reality and not over the phone. It feels like music to my ears when it's real."

Dahyun and Jungkook beamed at each other before they shared a short kiss and Hana chuckled while in Jungkook's arms.

"Cheesy," Hana remarked.

"So what did you cook for me?" Jungkook asked while eyeing the lunch box.

"Your favorite, Dad! Galbijim!" Hana answered happily.

"Is this delicious?" Jungkook questioned.

Dahyun smiled proudly as she squeezed Jungkook's hand, "Of course. I learned from an expert."

He returned her smile, "Come on. Let's eat lunch."

Jungkook kept his promise, they became a happy family that everyone admired. He smiled at the thought that all his sacrifices were all worth it, for two warm smiles would always fill his days. By his side were two people who warmed his heart and showered him with love each day,

At that moment, Jungkook was certain that staying with Hana and Dahyun were the best decisions that he had ever made.

----------

"Are you sure that you're going back to Korea?"

"I miss Korea."

"Just Korea?"

He chuckled.

"Of course not. But I'm not sure if I'll meet them again. It's been six years after all."

Jimin smiled – a smile that showed different emotions upon the memories of the past.