013

It was a weekend and it was already a little past ten in the morning but Jimin would always find waking up during weekends extremely difficult. It was like his body was programmed to cut some slack during weekends. However, when the aroma of pancakes filled his nose, he decided to finally leave his bed and proceed to the kitchen.

"My favorite!" Jimin exclaimed as he stretched his arms and approached Jungkook who was preparing their breakfast.

"Go and prepare the dining table for three people," Jungkook told him.

Jimin nodded at first but then asked, "Three people? Who is coming?"

"I'm planning to invite Dahyun over."

"Why?"

Jungkook furrowed his eyebrows as he found Jimin's question odd. He shrugged, "Nothing. To thank her? Besides, it's weird. She's our neighbor and friend but she never went to our house."

"Just that?" Jimin probed as he stared at Jungkook.

Jungkook squinted at Jimin, "Yes. Why?"

Jimin was expecting to hear a different reason – a reason that he also did not want to hear from Jungkook.

Mumbling, he replied, "Nothing. B-b-because... in the current state of our apartment..."

"It's okay. I cleaned the dining table. That's enough," Jungkook convinced himself but there was a crease on his forehead. Suddenly, he blurted, "Ah! We're out of eggs. Go buy some."

"Why me?" Jimin complained, "I'm still sleepy."

"Because there are only the two of us here," Jungkook glared at him, "And I'm cooking."

"Aish," Jimin muttered a curse beneath his breath.

He quickly rinsed his mouth and washed his face before going out but not long after, he came back.

"Eggs. I told you to buy eggs," Jungkook said as he flipped a pancake, not bothering to look at Jimin.

Jimin shook his head, "No. Not that. It's Dahyun."

"What's with Dahyun?" Jungkook finally turned to the other male.

Jimin's face was pale as he uttered, "She's gone."

Without wasting time, Jungkook checked the apartment beside theirs. However, the small room that Dahyun called home, was already open and empty.

----------

Jungkook cursed as he noticed the pancakes that he was cooking were already burned. He quickly turned off the stove and put the burnt pan on the sink.

He glanced at the other male and scolded him, "Yah! Stop circling around! You're making me dizzy!"

Jimin was biting his nails in anxiety, "What should we do?"

"First things first. Don't panic," Jungkook told himself and Jimin. He added, "Try calling her."

Jimin then got his phone and dialed Dahyun's number but after a few tries, he shook his head, saying, "Not attended."

Jungkook breathed heavily, "Call Daniel."

"Not attended too," Jimin replied after a while. Then, he widened his eyes, "What if they eloped together?"

"This is not the time for jokes, Park Jimin," Jungkook glared at him.

Jungkook took off his apron and brushed his hair in frustration before walking towards their door.