001

2012

Jungkook stirred awake when he heard a few knocks. He groaned as he said to himself, "Aish. Disturbance."

He grunted as he got up. He sleepily walked to the door and opened it but his irritation quickly flew away when a familiar face welcomed his sight.

"I'm home," she said as she gave him a sincere smile.

I wouldn't mind waking up from dreams if the reality is filled up with your smiles.

Jungkook smiled back as he replied, "Welcome home."

------------------------------

2010

Jungkook was walking towards his apartment, taking his usual route. He was alone but he didn't mind it because he preferred isolation than being around people for he enjoyed the peace that came with solitude. However, a figure caught his eyes as he walked towards the bridge.

I never saw this girl before, Jungkook thought.

He was sure that the girl did not fit the picture of the bridge he had walked on for years. He shrugged the thought and decided to just ignore the female. However, the girl who was just by the bridge, suddenly started to climb on the railings.

Jungkook widened his eyes as he asked himself, Is this suicide?

He was supposed to not care. He did not want to meddle in other people's business anyway. However, when the girl started spreading her arms, Jungkook started to run towards her in full speed with worry filling his mind.

I can't just let people die.

"Wait!" he shouted. The girl opened her eyes and looked at him; Jungkook was panting when he arrived near her. He huffed, "Please don't do this."

She looked at him with confusion at first but then she smiled as she replied, "But I really want to do this. I don't have anything else to do anyway."

Jungkook did not find the words to encourage the girl to continue to live because he himself, had lost faith in life. He started to think hard. He has to find his reason to live so that he could tell the girl that there's more to life than suicide. As he was lost for words, the girl averted her gaze back towards the waters down the bridge. She then, closed her eyes again and started to spread her arms wide.

Because I am someone else's reason to live.

Wasting no time, he hurled her down the barrier. He removed his hands from the girl's waist as he seriously stated, "You should stop doing this."

She tilted her head and asked, "Doing what?"

When Jungkook was about to answer her question, she chuckled before asking, "You thought I'm suicidal, didn't you?"

She laughed harder and started clapping her hands in glee. Jungkook stared at her blankly and the female stopped laughing at him when she realized that Jungkook was not enjoying the moment. 

She coughed before she explained, "I was just feeling the wind. Didn't you try this before? It feels like flying."

She flapped her arms but Jungkook's stare became a cold glare. He let out a loud sigh followed by a scoff before he started to walk away.

"Goodbye!" 

Jungkook heard her but he did not bother looking back.

He hated that incident for she made a fool out of him. He should've listened to his instinct and stayed out of her business and now, his intention to help had turned him into an absurdity. He didn't want to look back for he wished never to see the girl again.