016

"Where were you? And why is your face so red?" Jungkook asked Jimin who had cut all his morning classes.

"I broke up with my girlfriends," Jimin honestly stated as he let a cold bottle of juice touch his face.

"All of them?" Jungkook questioned, brows creased.

"Yes. The weird thing is, they kept slapping me in the same area," Jimin complained.

"You deserved that," Jungkook chuckled as he shook his head.

Jimin rolled his eyes and protested, "To think of it, when one of them was about to slap me, I told her to slap the other side, but she still slapped my left cheek!"

Jungkook laughed harder but then probed, "So why? Why did you decide break up with them?"

Jimin's expression changed into a serious one as he answered, "I want someone to think that I can also be serious in relationships."

"Are you planning to court someone seriously this time?" Jungkook asked with a smile.

Jimin nodded, "She kept me feeling that weird butterfly-in-the-stomach thing. My heart keeps beating faster when I am with her. I thought I would have an attack!"

Jungkook could only mirror the smile that Jimin has on his lips as he added, "I never felt that way before, Jungkook."

"Do I know her?" Jungkook asked despite the hesitation.

A part of him secretly hoped that it was not the same girl who had elicited the same feelings for him. Jimin merely stared at Jungkook until Dahyun came with her ordered lunch. She started laughing as soon as she saw Jimin's swollen face and the two of them started bickering.

Jungkook watched Jimin and Dahyun as his question was left unanswered.

----------

"Hi there," Daniel greeted Jungkook as the two accidently met in the locker area. The former just smirked when Jungkook didn't greet him back.

"I didn't know that you had a girlfriend," Jungkook said instead.

Daniel grinned wider, "Yes, I do, and you could stop throwing suspicious looks at us, or worse even, follow us."

"Whatever," Jungkook blabbered as he was caught off-guard. When Jungkook got his book, he was about to walk away when Daniel spoke again.

"Are you protective of Dahyun because she's your friend?" Daniel asked.

Jungkook furrowed his eyebrows and answered, "Of course."

"Really?" Daniel raised an eyebrow, "And not because you have feelings for her?"

Daniel smiled at Jungkook's startled reaction. He then chuckled as he passed by Jungkook. Daniel tapped Jungkook's shoulder and whispered to him, "I also told that to Jimin last week and he had the same reaction as yours."

Jungkook was left standing and his heart was beating faster as he contemplated on Daniel' words.

Same reaction as Jimin's?

He bitterly smiled as he told himself, "So, I do know the girl."

He sighed as he felt a sudden pain in his chest, and he wondered if it was the same ache that Jimin experienced with his sickness.

----------