014

Dahyun's jaw dropped at the sight of the mess in the apartment.

Jungkook told her, "Just find a seat. I'll make coffee."

Jungkook went to the kitchen leaving a frustrated Jimin behind. The latter didn't know how to magically make all the mess in the apartment disappear in one second. Thus, he opted to clear a couch by shoving everything away on its side.

"Feel at home," Jimin mumbled as he sheepishly smiled and scratched his nape.

Dahyun plopped herself on the couch and chuckled, "Even though my house is small, I think it is better than this."

"Your house is small and that is why you have to clean it up frequently," Jimin argued.

"Yah! Just admit it. You two are just so... messy," Dahyun teased Jimin.

Jimin just made face which made Dahyun chortle once more. Not long after, Jungkook came with three cups of coffee on a tray. As they all settled in their seats, Jungkook started unravelling what had happened.

"Kim Dahyun. You said it yourself. We are friends," Jungkook said, "So no secrets. Spill it out."

Dahyun stared at the coffee first before taking another sip. Then she started explaining, "When my parents died, they did not leave much a fortune, only a small farm in Jeju. Uncle Jae, a close family friend is the one who manages the farm now. Actually, his wife and he did not want me to go to Seoul but I argued that my parents would want me to fulfill my dreams, so I risked everything and went here. But lately, a storm hit Jeju and all the crops died. Uncle Jae only managed to give a small sum of money so I can't pay the rent."

"But where are your things? Your phone? We have been trying to call you," Jimin uttered.

"I sold them all so that I could buy a ticket to go back to Jeju," Dahyun timidly replied as she looked down, avoiding Jungkook and Jimin's gaze.

"What?! So you really are planning to leave for good without telling us?!" Jimin exclaimed.

Dahyun looked at him – an apology written all over her face.

"So what do you plan to do now?" Jungkook questioned.

"I'm going back to Jeju," Dahyun answered.

"No, you aren't. We would not allow you. Your parents won't like it if you give up your dream easily," Jimin retorted.

"But I don't have the means," Dahyun whispered.

"And what are friends for? You could have asked for help," Jungkook replied.

After a long silence, Jimin added, "Maybe, I can tell mom to pay your debt and the owner can let you live in your house again."

"I can't just ask for money from your mom!" Dahyun raised her voice.

"Why? She likes you. She would agree," Jimin nonchalantly answered.

"If you don't want his mom, then what about my dad?" Jungkook probed.

"Does that even make a difference? It's still asking for money," Dahyun argued back with disbelief in her countenance.

"You could work and pay it back," Jungkook suggested.

"I tried looking for work in the past few months but they said that they can't let a high schooler work, so I won't be able to pay that back too," Dahyun sighed.

Silence ensued until Jimin broke it again.

"Then why not try living with us?"

Dahyun and Jungkook looked at Jimin and the female's gaze travelled to and fro the two males as she pointed at herself.