020

Jimin's heart was hammering against his chest as he caught up with Jungkook. Lucky as he was, they arrived at the apartment at the same time.

He screamed his name, "Jeon Jungkook!"

However, Jungkook ignored him and hurriedly went up the stairs. To Jungkook's surprise, when he managed to open the apartment's door, Jimin was already beside him.

Jimin, panting, pulled Jungkook's shoulder, to make him turn around as he yelled at him, "What are you doing?!"

"What am I doing?" Jungkook replied with a scoff, "Then, what about you? What the hell are you doing?!"

"That's none of your business!" Jimin retorted.

"And when did you became none of my business?!" Jungkook spat, "Jimin, you have a girlfriend!"

"Ahhhh," Jimin mockingly nodded, "So you are reacting like this because of Dahyun."

"What?" Jungkook furrowed his eyebrows.

"Why?" Jimin taunted, "Are you insulted that the girl you love is just being toyed around by your best friend?"

Jungkook was caught off-guard at Jimin's statement making him merely stare at the latter.

Jimin then smirked as he added, "So, it's Dahyun after all. Why stop me from going to clubs and hitting on girls? I don't even know what the two of you are doing when I'm not here!"

Jungkook grabbed him by the collar and muttered, "Dahyun is not as cheap as your girls in the club and I'm not stupid as you."

"No. You are stupid," Jimin argued back, "Stupid enough to admit defeat even before starting a fight for Dahyun's love."

Jungkook blinked once then twice as rage was slowly building up inside him.

He muttered, "So you asked me for permission because you knew I would agree and just give up?"

"That's right," Jimin answered with a playful smirk planted on his face but the smirk was soon wiped out by Jungkook's punch.

"If you knew that I sacrificed so that the two of you could be together," Jungkook forced himself to swallow the lump on his throat, "...then you could at least take care of that relationship that I sacrificed for!"

Jimin then wiped the blood at the corner of his mouth as he replied, "Why bother? This relationship won't last long since I'm about to die anyway."

"That excuse is already over-rated Park Jimin!" Jungkook argued back, "You are about to turn twenty and you're still alive! What more do you want?!"

"But it's the truth!" Jimin was shaking as he yelled, "I am dying!"

"It's not only you who is suffering!" Jungkook countered, "It's not only your heart that is experiencing pain! Dahyun's hurting too!"

Jungkook was breathing heavily as Jimin stared at him with tears at the corner of his eyes.

"Are you guys fighting?"

The two halted as they turned to see Dahyun, still sleepy, looking at them with both confusion and concern in her eyes. Jimin quickly went to Dahyun and dragged her back to her room.

Jungkook stood still until he heard that the door was shut closed and locked. He slowly walked towards the dining room. Jimin's words was playing all over again inside his head. He sat, grabbing his hair in frustration before he screamed at the top of his lungs as he shoved away everything that they prepared.

The sound of the plates and utensils clanking and breaking against the floor echoed throughout the whole apartment. Dahyun was about to get up from her bed but Jimin held her tightly, pulling her closer.

"Don't go," Jimin begged her.

"What happened between the two of you?" Dahyun asked.

But instead of answering her question, Jimin told her, "You would stay by my side, right Dahyun? Don't leave me."

Dahyun brushed Jimin's hair affectionately as she beamed at him and said, "Of course not. Why would I do that?"

Jungkook's face then started to flash on Jimin's mind and he shut his eyes as he confessed, "I won't be able to live anymore if I lose you."

In an attempt to comfort him, Dahyun hugged Jimin close to her with a silent promise to stay.

----------

"What's with the big bag?" Dahyun asked Jungkook.

Jungkook answered, "I would stay with father for a while."

"I knew you two fought, but is this really necessary?" Dahyun stuttered as sorrow was clearly painted at her face.

He beamed at her sadly, "I'm afraid that it would just cause greater problems if we would stay in the same house. We should have space for a while."

Her gaze was begging him as she added, "But we should spend your remaining time here together."

Jungkook then ruffled her hair in a comforting manner, "Dad and I will also need to arrange matters regarding my application at Juilliard and it would really be a great help if we could stay together for a while."

Dahyun nodded slowly in defeat, "Come back... and take care."

"Sure," Jungkook stated but at the corner of his eyes, he saw Jimin with arms crossed, watching them. Jungkook bid farewell goodbye to Dahyun as he added, "Call me if you need help."

----------

Jungkook stared at the window beside him and watched as the leaves fell. It had been a week since Jungkook left the apartment but certainly, his thoughts were filled with one person. He couldn't deny that both his mind and his heart longed for her presence. He longed for her.

I miss Dahyun but I guess I have to be used to this.

His phone vibrated and he smiled upon hearing the voice he missed, "Hello?"

"Oh, Dahyun."

After having a heartwarming exchange of how their lives have been, Dahyun asked, "Do you know what date is tomorrow?"

Jungkook nodded even though he knew that Dahyun would not see it.

"October 13," the female said and even without seeing her, Jungkook could swear that Dahyun was smiling at that moment. She cheerily announced, "It's Jimin's twentieth birthday!"

"How are things between the two of you?" Jungkook asked.

"The same," Dahyun whispered and he traced how her spirit died down.

"The same like months ago or the same like the past few weeks?" Jungkook probed.

There was a long silence before Dahyun answered, "Same as the past few weeks."

Jungkook sighed and Dahyun heard it on the other line so she tried to assure him by saying, "Don't worry! I know we'll be okay once he sees my gift! I hope that the two of you could patch things up again too. Please?"

He hesitated for a while but after a week of solitude and knowing that things hasn't changed, he had made up his mind.

He licked the bottom of his lip before he asked, "Did Jimin tell you why we fought?"

"No," Dahyun answered.

"Of course not," Jungkook replied, "Because I saw him cheating on you."

----------

AN: Hello readers! I hope you can still handle the scenes well? Hahahuhu. Please comment down your thoughts on this chapter and do not forget to vote. Thank you so much :*