Chapter 18

Selina walks away from Alfred and down near the entrance when she sees Barbara entering.
"Wow look at you... Bruce will regret being gone all these years" Barbara says with a smile. Selina has tears in her eyes and swallows and looks away from Barbara. Selina starts to walk away.
"Hey what's wrong" Barbara asks as she grabs her arm. Selina turns and looks at her.
"I just need to be alone" she says before walking out.

Selina walks up to the roof and puts her hands on the railing. Tears go down her face as she silently cries. She wipes her face and breathes in. She feels his presents behind her.
"Your there aren't you" she says.
"Do you have any idea what you did... just leaving... you where all I had" she swallows.
"and I know you wanted to protect me...But I didn't want to be protected I wanted you" she cries.
"There was no other way Selina. I had to go" he says. It was the first time she had heard his voice in a decade.
"So what happens now" she asks.
"I don't know... but I will never leave Gotham again" he says. She sighs.
"Selina we need to talk about something important" he says.
"Shoot" she says.
"Not now... tomorrow at the manor" he says.
"I can't" she says remembering what she promised Esme.
"why" he asks.
"I have a business meeting" she says.
"Then I can stop by after" he says.
"No" she says. Everything between them goes silent.
"I have a busy schedule. Things are not what they where 10 years ago" she says trying to cover up.
"Then I will see you" he says. She turns and sees that he is gone.
"Like hell" she says as she walks off the roof.

Selina knocks on the door and waits for someone to answer. The door opens and she sees Jim standing there.
"Hey What are you doing here" he asks. She just sighs and hugs him. He hold onto her and sighs before tightening his arms around her.
"You spoke to him didn't you" he says. Selina nods. He sighs again.
"Come on in" he says as he pulls away and brings her into the apartment. She walks in and sees lee walking down the hall in her nightgown. She sees Selina and gives her a confused look.
"Hey what's wrong" She asks. Selina just sits on the couch and puts her head in her hands.
She hears Jim tell lee. Lee sits down next to her and puts her arm around Selina.
"I know it's hard. But at least he is giving you time" lee says. Selina nods.
"I just didn't think it was going to be this hard" Selina says.
"You would never have been prepared. After everything that you have gone through. You just need to find it in your heart to forgive him".