Chapter 3

It had been 3 months since Bruce had left Gotham. It had been 3 months since that night and it wasn't getting easier for Selina. It just got harder and the hole in her heart got bigger and bigger by the day and there was only one person who could fix it. But he had left and she knew that he would most likely never return. She had filled those months with helping Barbara with Barbara Lee it was the only thing that kept her occupied enough to not think about him. She hadn't had a decent amount of sleep since he left as she would sit up all night thinking about him. She would cry every night wanting him to come back. Lee would have to hold her as she cried and sometime Jim would to. They where like her parents. She was living with them as they wanted to protect her. For once Selina had felt loved and it was not the love that she felt for Bruce but the love of a parent.
Selina woke up in her bed one morning feeling nauseous. She put her hand on her stomach and groaned. She got up out of her bed and walked out of her room. She sees Jim and Lee sitting at the kitchen.
"Morning do you want some bacon" Lee asks as she holds a plate out to Selina. Selina sees it and a stronger wave of nausea came over her. She put her hand over her mouth before sprinting to the toilet. She falls on the ground in front of the toilet and throws up. She hears Jim and Lee running to the bathroom. She feels Jim put a hand on her back.
"Here give her this" she hears lee say to Jim. Selina finishes and leans up against the wall. Jim puts a flannel over her forehead.
"You Ok" Lee says. Selina shakes her head.
"Jim can you get her some water" Lee asks. He nods his head before getting up and walking out of the bathroom. Lee walks over and flushed the toilet. She sits next to Selina.
"Did something happen between you and Bruce before he left" she asks. Selina just looks in front of her not looking at Lee. She has tears in her eyes.
"I know you don't like to talk about him but you need to tell me. You can tell me" she says. Selina turns to her and looks at her with tears down her face.
"We slept together and when I woke up his clothes where gone and I was alone and I ran so fast to the GCPD because I needed to know and then Harper gave me the letter and I knew that he left" Selina sobs. Lee wraps her arms around Selina. Jim stands at the door and watches the scene.
"I'm going to call Barbara" Jim says as he leaves the bottle of water for Selina.

Half and hour later Barbara walks into the apartment giving Barbara Lee to Jim who smiles at his daughter.
"There in the bathroom" he says. She nods before walking over to bathroom. She sees Selina against the wall in Lees arms. Lee turns to Barbara.
"Did you get it" she asks. Barbara nods before handing the bag to Lee. Lee looks at Selina.
"You have to take this to be sure" she says. Selina nods her head.
"We'll be outside waiting" Lee says. Selina nods not taking her eyes off of the box.
Barbara, Lee and Jim stand outside the bathroom. Barbara Lee was sleeping in one of the other rooms. They hear Selina unlock the door but the door doesn't open. Barbara opens the door and sees Selina holding the test upside down. Barbara walks and puts a hand on her shoulder.
"It's going to be ok" she says. Selina nods.
"We are going to be here for you whenever you need us" Jim says. She looks over to him and smiles. The timer on her phone goes off.
"Ok ready" Barbara says. Selina nods. She turns the test over and reads it.
"Ok this is fine" Lee says. Selina just keeps staring at the test.
"How are you feeling" Jim says.
"I don't know... excuse me" she says before handing the test to Barbara and walking out. The 3 adults turn and look at each other.
"Wow" Barbara says and she sits down on the toilet seat.
"We have to be there for her with Bruce not being here anymore she is going to need all the help she can get" Jim says. Lee nods at her husband.
"Barbara you will be able to help her you have been through pregnancy" Lee says.
"I will help her she's a strong kid she will get through this" Barbara says. Lee and Jim smile.