Chapter 13

Esme 7 months...
Selina sits in the kitchen feeding Esme. Jim and Lee are making dinner. Selina feeds her.
"Esme come on" Selina says as she try's to get her to eat. Esme turns her head. Selina sighs.
"Ok we'll try something else" she says as she gets up and walks away and grabs something else.
"Mama" she hears a little voice say. Selina, lee and Jim turn their head.
"Did she just say what I think she just said" she asks. Lee and Jim nods with smirks on their face.
"Esme say that again" Selina asks.
"Mama mama" she says. Selina smirks before picking
Esme 11 months old...
Selina sits on the carpet in the apartment. She was sitting across from Barbara who was holding Esme.
"Come on Esme" Selina says as she try's to get Esme to walk over to her. Esme takes a step and then she goes to do another but falls.
"Awww" Barbara says before picking her up and setting her up again.
"You've got this kitten come on" Selina says. Esme starts to take a step and then another. After a few she reaches Selina.
Barbara and Selina start to cheer.
"Well done kitten" she says as she kisses Esme cheeks.

Esme 1 year old...
Lee places the cake on the table.
"Happy birthday to you
Happy birthday to you
Happy birthday to Esme
Happy birthday to you" everyone sang. Selina kisses her daughters head. Selina blows out the candle for her and everyone claps their hands. Esme giggles and claps her hands. Everyone laughs and Selina kisses her head again.

Esme age 5...
Selina holds her daughters hand as she walks up the steps to the kindergarten. Esme holds onto Selina's leg not moving. Selina giggles before getting her daughter off her leg and kneeling down to her level.
"What's wrong" she asks.
"What if the other kids don't like me" she says.
"Why wouldn't they like you" she asks. Esme stays quiet.
"See there is no reason why they won't like you" she says.
"But mommy it's scary. I don't wanna go. Take me home" she says as she holds onto her mom. Selina sighs and hugs her daughter.

"Someone not wanting to go" they hear a voice say. Selina turns and sees Alfred.
"Grandpa Alfred" Esme says as she runs and hugs him. Alfred hugs her.
"Now what's the problem" he asks.
"I'm scared I want to go home" she says.
"Well you know that you are lucky that you are going to school some children don't get to" he says.
"But mommy's business helps children and give them education" she says.
"Well there are still some kids who are out there who don't get to go to school because of their parents" he says.
"I'd rather that then come here. Take me home" she says.
"Now that's not the right attitude. Now Esme let me ask you something. Are you a big girl?" Alfred asks her.
"Yes I'm a big girl" she says.
"Well being a big girl means that you face any fear and you make sure no one knows that you are scared" he says.
"I can do that" she says.
"Well then put your head up and walk into that school and learn something" he says. She nods her head.
"Thank you grandpa Alfred" she says as she hugs him.
"Your welcome" he says. Esme walks over to Selina and hugs her.
"I love you mommy" she says.
"I love you to kitten. I will meet you here after school Ok" she says. Esme nods.
"Ok have a good day" she says as she kisses her cheek. Esme walks into school and the doors closes.

Alfred walks and stands next  to selina.
"Was Bruce like that on his first day" Selina asks.
"Yeah I told him the same thing" Alfred says.

Christmas...
Selina and Esme slept over at Lee and Jim's apartment as well as Barbara and Barbara Lee.
Selina wakes up to the feel of someone jumping on the bed. She opens her eyes and sees Esme jumping on the bed.
"Mommy wake up its Christmas" she says.
"I know but it's early let's just go back to sleep kitten" she says.
"Come on mommy" she says. Selina groans. The door opens and another kid comes and jumps on the bed. Selina looks and sees Barbara Lee jumping on the bed to.
"Come on auntie Selina it's Christmas" she says. Selina groans again.
"Come on Selina the sooner you let them open their presents the quicker you can go back to bed" she hears Barbara says. Selina sighs before getting up.
"Ok come on" she says as she gets out of bed. Esme takes her moms hand and they walk out of the room with Barbara and Barbara Lee. They walk into the living room to see Jim, Lee and Alfred sitting on the couch with some cups of coffee in their hands.
"Merry Christmas" Lee says as they walk in. Barbara Lee and Esme run and hug Lee. She laughs. Then they hug him and then Alfred.
"Ok girls do you want to open your presents" Barbara asks. The girls nod their heads.
"Ok Selina why don't you give Esme her first present" Jim says. Selina smiles before walking into the bathroom.
"Why is she going on there" Esme asks.
Selina walks out with a kitten in her arms.

Esme gasps

Esme gasps. "Aww" she says as Selina hands her the kitten.
"What's its name" she asks.
"What do you want to name it" Selina asks.
"Bow-bow" Esme says.
"Bow-bow" Selina asks confused. Esme nods her head.
"It's a beautiful name kitten" she says as she kisses her head.

Esme age 8...
Esme is spending the day over at Alfred's. Alfred had been living at Wayne manor and the apartment. Selina didn't want Esme going to Wayne manor as she didn't want her finding out about Bruce. Wayne manor which had been completely built and refurbished 7 years ago.
Esme is walking around the apartment when she finds a room which she had never seen before. She walks in and sees a bedroom which seemed to not have had anyone been staying in it for years.
"Esme" she hears Alfred say. She turns and sees Alfred looking at her.
"What are you doing in here" he asks.
"Why have I never seen this room before. Who's was this" she asks. Alfred sighs.
"It was a friend a long time ago but he left" he says.
"Why did he leave" she asks.
"Well because he lost who he was and needed to leave to find who he was" Alfred says. She nods.
"Come on why dont you show me that new song you learned" he asks. She smiles before taking his hand and walking out. Alfred turns his head and looks at the room. Remembering Bruce.