homesick

I decided to just tell her
-

Amara pov

"It was exactly a year since I saw my parents" I sighed
Suprisingly she didn't yell she leaned in for a hug, truly acting sorry for me. "I'm sorry but we couldn't let anyone find out"
I nodded "I like it here now" I shrugged trying not to make it a big deal.
Ive been here so long my homesickness isn't as bad as it was but I could feel it coming back.
I could definitely see a difference in Billie from when she first took me, though. Even though she snapped and hissed from time to time she still showed me love.
    I slid into bed instantly feeling the warmth of the covers. I turned the overhead fan on just to get a breeze.
*creeek*
I noticed a crack of light flow in.
I jolted my head to see Billie.
"love you" she whispered closing the door before I could respond.

Did she just say I love you?

Never in a million years would I think she would say that. I smiled at the thought. But it slowly disappeared after I thought about my mom and dad how they always brought me back food from meetings and gave me kisses at night and even said how much they loved me. I felt my eyelids fill up with tears. The feeling of anger took over when I replayed the scene. Billie took my life. I couldn't let her "I love you" make me like her. No she took my life.
    I woke up to the flicker of lights.
"Up up up" she said
"Go get a shower here's some clean clothes" she commanded setting them on the edge of my bed.
I nodded and went to get a shower.

Why do I let her boss me around like this? I just do everything she says and she's only a few years older than me.

That thought irritated me. My homesickness was coming back and it was increasing the more I thought of home. I liked Billie but I wanted to hate her. She gave me what I needed and finally showed me love but she took my life away. I kept repeating. My head was pounding. I felt my body slowly go down.
*knock knock knock* "Amara?? Are you ok?"
I heard Billie call out.
I found myself on the bottom of the tub water still pouring on me.
"Ye-yea" I stuttered making my way up. I took time to process what was going on.
"Ok I heard a loud noise just checking" her voice fading out as she started to walk away.
I turned off the water and opened the bathroom door to see a cinnamon bun and a bowl of fruit. I ate and my headache went away. I thought about it. Billie doesnt own me. I can do what ever the fuck I Want. Her kindness made me fall for her commands. I decided to stop doing what she asks.
...

Comment your thoughts and dont forget to vote<33 I decided to make a sequal cause there is a big cliffhanger at the end of the book