Chapter Thirty Eight

--Samandriel's POV--
"I'm glad you go as far as to potentially maim and kill anyone who would dare to touch your brother, I wish my younger brother could of met an in-law like you" He smiled gratefully rubbing Charlie's shoulder softly resting his hand over his stomach.

"I'm sure he's glad though. How long until we have to protect the little one?" I asked squishing the stuffed toy sitting on the coffee table.

"Any day." He replied curtly and my mouth fell open in awe.

"But wait, they said four months. He is just over three months!" I protested panic taking hold of my chest and gripping tightly.

"Don't worry Sam, it's because Charlie was human then suddenly changed by royal pure blood it sped up the baby's growth" William smiled patting my head gently like he was trying to soothe a worrying puppy.

"So he could give birth how?" I asked moving to sit on top of the coffee table, William just chuckled cheekily giving me a knowing look and my cheeks grew warm.

"Oh. Wow..compensation I guess" I laughed awkwardly eyeing off Charlie's still sleeping form."Well, There goes our baseball game because Angelo is down" I mumbled looking down at my feet.

"Yeah, the triplets are gonna be pissed when they get home" William rolled his eyes laying back in the couch trying not to jostle Charlie.

"I didn't know there was more to the pack" I laughed picking up the toy again and messing with the bow tied around it's neck.

"They're scattered everywhere right now" I looked up to Charlie's muffled voice lifting his head from William's shoulder.

"Hey..feeling better?" A soft smile grew on William's lips gently kissing his forehead rubbing his hand across Charlie's stomach.

"Yeah, I think they were just in a bad mood today and wanted to take it out on me" He pouted sitting up straighter in the couch pushing off the blanket and rising to his feet "Ngh, shit. That hurts" He cursed moving a hand to his stomach, William shot up from the couch in a bewildered stumble moving to stand in front of Charlie.

"Is this it? Or is it something else?" He grunted reaching for his phone in his pocket shakily pressing Hayley's number into the phone.
"No. It's stabbing not contracting, this could be pre-eclampsia" He inhaled reaching for my shoulder.

"Hayley said to bring you in. I still have your bag packed just in case" William shifted around to jog back into their bedroom.

"I want you to go ahead to talk to Hayley about this and ask about Angelo" Charlie ordered laying a hand to my cheek.

"What about you though, you're in pain and my niece or nephew could be in danger" I protested, he just gave me a murderous glare before pushing me towards the door.

I bumped into Cedric on my way out who had sensed the commotion and offered to drive me to the hospital, Hayley had been already waiting outside wringing her hands to death when Cedric and I came through.

"Stay calm Sammy, I'll check him when he comes in." Hayley soothed muttering something to another nurse.

"What about Angelo? Is he okay?" I asked fidgetting uncontrollably from foot to foot.

"He's awake, in a lot of pain and pretty out of it but alive" She smiled patting my head softly, I spotted William almost falling through the door with Charlie in his arms flushing a fierce red colour chest heaving with every pained pant.

"Complaining of stabbing pains, tightness in the chest and spiked a fever at forty four degrees" William growled laying him down onto one of the gurneys that Celia a nurse from college had brought over.