Chapter Thirty Five

--Cedric's Point Of View--
Everyone was dead silent when we got home, Claude had fallen asleep with my father on the couch watching over him and everyone else went for their rooms. Sammy was sat up on the windowsill staring out of the window aimlessly clutching the black stone he had retrieved from around Charlie's neck that William let him take, Nobody knew where William went but my guess was to his apartment.

"Sammy, Come on it's okay" I sat down in front of him resting my hands on top of his

"I hadn't imagined a life without Charlie at all though" He whimpered starting up into quiet sobs again burying his face into my shoulder as his own shook with every shedding tear

"I know. I understand Sammy" I soothed rubbing his back gently swallowing the lump forming in my throat.

"Let's get you to bed" I carefully stood him up and sat him on the edge of the bed allowing me to strip off his jacket and jeans leaving him in his tee shirt and boxers pulling back the blankets for him as he crawled into the half heartedly flopping into the pillows his muffled cries were still heard by my wolf and it hurt a lot to hear my mate in this much distress.

I pulled off my own clothes and climbed in next to him wrapping my arms around him hugging him closely to my chest gently running my hand through his hair trying to calm him down before he sent himself into a panic attack "We'll get through this Sammy" I kissed the top of his head resting my temple against his forehead listening to his quiet breathing as he fell asleep.

--Charlie's Point Of View--
I'm dead, I can feel it. There isn't any pain at all and the blood is absent from my clothes, I can't even feel my child anymore. They allowed me to see the aftermath of my stupid actions. My little Sammy was distraught clinging to Cedric like he had no one left to cling on to, Cedric's a good guy I can trust him with my baby brother. Even Claude and Arianna were upset, I had not seen either them cry once since I met them.

My gaze finally fell upon William, The sight was utterly unbearable to watch. His broken sobs and cursing bore right into my soul as he cradled my body in his arms refusing to let go until Dmitri told him it was time to go to the hospital. My mother knew, And my heart stung with guilt as she sobbed uncontrollably into Sammy's hair I swear I saw my father's sorrowful look plastered over his face as he ran after my mother.

It was unnerving watching William place me down onto the steel table of the morgue exitting the room swiftly to avoid looking at me again even the moment where poor Angelo came in still wearing his suit from the Hospital Ball we had planned to attend then having to dig around in my stomach to find the bullet so it wouldn't harm the baby but what caught my attention was the needle filled with a deep green fluid, What even was it? That moment it cut off and I was left in pitch black, Is this what being dead is? What utter bullshit. There's no heaven or hell, just darkness eitherway. One noise did cut through the darkness, A loud thump. Followed by another then starting into a slow beat, A heartbeat?

I felt my vision open up again but the chemical infused air flooded into my lungs burning painfully as they started up again. I could hear my baby's heartbeat again and I was never so happy to hear someone else's heartbeat, My little moment was shortlived when I rolled off the table and barely made it to the wastebin to heave the darkened crimson blood from my stomach from where it had tried to clot from the bullet.

My veins felt like the were on fire strangling around my bones and pulsing loud enough that I could hear them. My neck throbbed particularly harshly and rested my hand upon the two pierce wounds in the skin, I had been bitten. I was in the middle of a freaking human to werewolf transformation. My spine gave a sickening snap as it jerked out of place, I crawled toward the door grappling for the handle and pulling myself up.