Chapter Twenty Seven

AN: Alright folks, welcome to Chapter Twenty Seven of Soul of Shadows! This is the final chapter. I will be doing a Q&A for Soul if Shadows, similar to the one you saw in Blood of Darkness, so if you have questions, drop them in the comments or direct message me. Anyway, we'll be staying in Gabriel's head throughout this chapter. Hope you all enjoy! Be sure to drop some comments as you read! Now onward and forward to Chapter Twenty Seven!

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

*Gabriel*

Later that day, I found myself standing in the foyer with my family and Raine.

"Take care of yourself," Damien told me.

"I will," I told him.

"Call when you can," Selena told me.

Julian, who was in Selena's arms, reached out towards me and squealed, wanting me to hold him. I smiled and the rest of my family chuckled.

"Cheeky little thing," Stefan grumbled, "And here I thought I was his favourite Uncle."

Everyone laughed at that. I took Julian from Selena and held him close.

"Uncle Gabe has to go away for a while, but I'll be back soon," I promised. I kissed his forehead and handed him back to Selena.

I turned to Calder and Starlene next.

"Take care of my sister, Calder," I told him.

"Always," Calder replied.

"You be careful out there," Starlene told me.

"Always am," I replied with smile.

Then I turned to Sorina and Mason.

"Mason, when you first got here, I misjudged you and I'm sorry for that," I told him, "There is no one more worthy of my sister than you."

"Thank you Gabriel, I'm honoured," Mason told me.

"Look after her," I told him.

"I will," he assured me.

I hugged Sorina and kissed her forehead.

"Try not to get into too much trouble while I'm gone," I told her.

"Same goes for you, Gabe," she told me, "I won't be there to bail you out this time."

I smiled and turned to Stefan and Emberly.

"Stefan you found yourself a worthy Consort, cherish her," I told him, "Who knows? Maybe I'll come back and you'll be popping the question."

Stefan went red and everyone else laughed.

"Emberly, all I can say is good luck dealing with my brother," I told her. Stefan crossed his arms and we all laughed.

"I doubt I'll need it," Emberly told me as she smiled.

I grinned and turned to Raine.