Chapter Nineteen

AN: Alright everyone, welcome to Chapter Nineteen! We'll begin in Sorina's head and then switch gears. Hope you all enjoy! Be sure to drop some comments as you read! Now onward and forward to Chapter Nineteen.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

*Sorina*

We met Tatiana in the throne room. The throne room in the Flower Valley was vastly different than the one in Cygnus Keep. The room was lined with columns that had been made to look like tree trunks. The ceiling was made of glass. The floor was covered in fake grass and there were strings of fairy lights hanging from the tops of the columns. They would be lit at night and would give the room an ethereal feeling. 

The throne was an ornate chair that had been carved out of an oak tree. There was a white pillow on the seat of the throne, which attempted to make it more comfortable. The throne itself was covered with vines and flowers, making it seem as though it were one with the forest.

The whole throne room was designed to look like a forest, a place that had always been sacred to the faeries. Their ancestors had ruled from the forest and they sought to carry on that tradition, in a sense.

Tatiana was sitting on the throne and I noticed that she wore the glittering crown of the fae. It was a crown made of jewelled flowers. No metal was used in her crown, which was understandable considering that silver and iron burned faeries, just as Hawthorn burned vampires.

"Melisande, Sorina, Raine, and...I don't believe we've met," Tatiana greeted us.

"This is Mason Wilder, my intended Consort," I told Tatiana.

"Congratulations," she told me and Mason.

"Thank you," I told her.

"What brings you to my throne room?" Tatiana asked.

"Mason, Raine, and I have come to ask for your permission to leave the Flower Valley," I told her, "Cygnus Keep was attacked and we are unsure of Damien and Starlene's well-being."

"But where will you go?" Tatiana asked, concerned for us, "If Cygnus Keep was attacked, then it isn't safe for you there."

"Stefan, Calder, Gabriel, and Selena are at a secure location," I explained, "We'll be joining them there."

"I see," Tatiana stated, "Very well. You're free to go."

"Thank you," I told the Queen of the Fae.

"Mother, may I go with them?" Melisande asked.

"Absolutely not," Tatiana replied.

"Please Mother," Melisande pleaded, "I need to see Gabriel. I need to make sure he's alright." Gabriel and Melisande were close friends and they often spent time together during Gabriel's visits to the Court of Faeries. Of all of us, Gabriel was the most well versed in other cultures, which meant that we often sent him to the other Courts when we needed something. But Melisande's sudden desperation to see Gabriel seemed like it went beyond a bond of friendship. I knew that I'd have to question Gabriel about it once we got  to the safe house. But for now, I responded by raising an eyebrow at Melisande.

Melisande blushed.

"My dear daughter, I will summon Gabriel here once he and his siblings have resolved this situation," Tatiana promised. Melisande nodded, satisfied with that answer.