Chapter Sixteen

AN: Alright we are at Chapter Sixteen everyone! So we'll be venturing into Stefan's head and staying there throughout this chapter. Hope you all enjoy! Be sure to drop some comments as you read! Now onward and forward to Chapter Sixteen!

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

*Stefan*

I felt awful for Selena. Being away from my brother was clearly causing her so much pain.

"Selena, this is Emberly," I told her.

"It's nice to meet you in person, Emberly," Selena told my girlfriend, "Sorry, I must look like such a mess."

"Trust me, you don't," Emberly assured her, "Can I get you anything?"

"Did you eat yet, Lena?" Gabriel asked, using the friendly nickname that Leon had given my sister in law.

She shook her head.

Calder went to the kitchen and came back a few minutes later with a bowl filled with cut up fruit and passed it and a fork to Selena.

"Thanks Cal," she told Calder.

"Lena, do you want to talk about what happened?" I asked, wanting to ease the pain she felt.

Starlene had texted me earlier and gave me a brief summary of what had happened, but I still felt like Selena should talk about it if she felt comfortable doing so, since it could help ease her pain.

Gabriel sat down on Selena's other side and wrapped an arm around her, comforting her. I did the same. Selena was practically our sister. We cared about her. Calder sat down in the armchair across from her.

"He threatened my son, Stef," Selena told me, "So I lost it. I incinerated Lord Marin."

"And you feel guilty?" I asked.

"No, and I feel like I should," Selena admitted.

"You shouldn't," I told her, "Lord Marin decided to betray the crown and sold us all out, including my nephew. You didn't do anything wrong. I wish I could have seen it though. Star said that you went all Mother bear on Lord Marin."

Selena gave me a small smile, so I knew I'd succeeded in cheering her up to a certain extent.

"How's the little Prince?" I asked.

"He's doing okay," Selena told me as she placed a hand on her stomach.

"It's getting late," Gabriel noted, "You should get some sleep, Lena."

"You can sleep in my room," I told her, "I'll camp out here in the living room with Gabe and Cal."

"Thanks Stefan," Selena told me, "That's really sweet of you."

"Anything for you and my nephew," I told her.

I got my bag out of my room and placed Selena's bag there. I returned to the living room and Selena wished us all goodnight before heading off to bed.

Once she was gone and I heard the bedroom door shut, I turned to Gabriel and Calder.

"Be honest with me, how bad was it?" I asked.