Chapter Twenty Six

AN: Hello everyone and welcome to Chapter Twenty Six of Soul of Shadows! We're nearing the end, folks! There's only one more chapter after this one! But fear not for there will be a third book! So this chapter, we'll be starting off in Selena's head. Hope you all enjoy! Be sure to drop some comments as you read! Now onward and forward to Chapter Twenty Six!

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

*Selena*

After two days in North Star hospital, Damien was able to bring me and Julian home to Cygnus Keep.

We rolled through the familiar wrought iron gates and stopped in front of the front door.

The valets opened the car doors for us and we got out. Damien handed the keys to one of valets before unhooking Julian's car seat from the backseat, so that we could bring him inside.

The valets all smiled at us as we passed them, happy to see us and welcoming their Prince to his home.

We entered the foyer and found Talia and Malcolm waiting for us.

"Welcome home, Your Majesties," Talia greeted us.

"Thank you Talia," I told her, before turning to Malcolm, "Please tell me the nursery is ready for Julian."

Malcolm nodded and led us upstairs to the Northern Wing. We went down the hall and entered the nursery. I smiled.

The crib had been fully restored and the rich dark wood was beautiful. The rest of the furniture matched the crib. The walls were a soothing dark blue and the ceiling was painted to look like the night sky.

"It's beautiful," I told Malcolm, "Thank you."

"There's more," Malcolm told me. I watched as he flipped the light switch and the lights went out. And then I saw what they had done. The whole ceiling gleamed and glittered like real stars in the night sky.

"Wow," I gasped.

"I had fibre optic lights installed on the ceiling," Malcolm told me, "Now it really does look like the night sky."

I looked at Julian, who was in his car seat, and his eyes widened as he took in the ceiling.

"Julian likes it too," I said with a smile.

Julian reached out to grab one of the glittering stars above him, and looked a little disappointed when all he got was air.

Damien smiled at Julian's adorable curiosity.

"They're very far away, Jules," he told our son, "Just like real stars."

"There's a celebration tonight for the Prince's birth," Malcolm told us, "You should get ready."

Malcolm left the room before we could protest and Talia turned to us.

"I can have a maid sent up here to look after the young Prince for a couple of hours while you both get ready for the celebration," she told us.

"Thank you, Talia, that's very kind of you," I told her. Talia called for Lily and the young maid arrived a few minutes later.