Dream, 42

All night had no dreams, everything was just dark and I'm happy about that.

When I wake up, I stretch my legs and hear something fall on the ground. My eyes shoot open looking around me, searching for where the sounds came from. I notice that I'm on the couch in the living room and just kicked the TV remote off the couch. I have a thick blanket around me and a fluffy pillow under my head. My phone is on the table, I grab it so see what time it is. 

8:19 a.m.

I also have a message.

Jason:
Goodmorning sunshine

I feel my cheeks warm up from the sight of his text. The scene from last night flashes in front of my eyes again. He was really sweet.

Me:
Goodmorning, sorry for falling asleep last night.

I send the message and stand up. I walk up to my bedroom to go sleep in my bed for a little longer. I remember what happened yesterday but I don't wanna think about it again. My mind was blank in my sleep so maybe it will be again. 

Before I fall asleep again I see the incoming message form Jason.

Jason:
No problem, you have nothing to apologize for.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

During the weekend I don't do much. Just some homework and watching tv. On Sunday we all had to go to the police station. We told them one by one what we know. Jason, Aiden, and Joshua directly left after they were done. He only said that they had some to take care of at home and left. Indira also went home after her questioning, she wanted some time for herself. I and the other girls went for coffee but no one really talked about it. We just sat there making small talk all avoiding the thing be should talk about. But yeah, what is there to say?

 I told my mother and sister what happened, the same story it told the police. How we found her and what Indira told us. I manage unusually well not to think about it. Normally I would have dreamed about it all night.

Indira doesn't attend school next week. When I and the others of my group walk into the school and during the break people watch us or people start whispering. They have heard what happened because It has been in the news.

When Jade and I enter the classroom, we sit down at our regular places. Diaro enters the room, when he sees us he directly walks over to me, looking anxious.

"Cira, I heard what happened."His eyes are wide when he looks at me and then looks away again.

"What the hell, I didn't expect it." 

I look up, what does he mean.

"I did not expect that ... people would go that far. That they would kill an innocent girl." His voice breaks and he seems a little nervous. When I told the police about him tracing the phone I thought he might be in trouble. But Diaro doesn't seem to worry about that. He took it harder than I expected. My group off friends aren't the only ones who are scared, everyone is. People are being killed just like that. 

The rest of the week there is a weird vibe in the school. No people running around the halls, no loud laughter and no music from people's phones. Like everyone is in shock and doesn't know what to do now. 

That same vibe is at home, in the supermarket and at the dance school, where I try to follow the lessons again. 

Jason didn't come to school this week. He does check up on me every day, texting me every morning and asking how my day was at night, but that is just a 5-minute conversation. After that, he just disappears. He said he had family bussiness to take care of. I'm not sure what to think about that because he doesn't seem to want to talk about it. And it's not really my business so I don't ask. I really appreciate him texting but I rather have him here so we can hang out in person.